Version 4.0.1 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 4.0.1 is released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

You can download it from the front page.

This release adds options for greater control over subtitles, optimizes bandwidth use for better wireless performance, improves file compatibility and fixes several bugs!

Changes since 4.0.0:
  • General:
    • Added option InternalSubtitlesSupported to renderer configs for greater control over file compatibility
    • Added option "Force external subtitles"
    • Added the option "Use embedded style" to FFmpeg instead of just MEncoder
    • Fixed a bug with the adaptive bitrate setting GUI
    • Fixed bugs with subtitles not being loaded
    • Fixed displaying the Windows-specific "prevent operating system from sleeping" option on other operating systems
    • Fixed FFmpeg sometimes sending too many audio channels
    • Fixed FFmpeg using a bitrate too high for audio transcoding
  • Languages:
    • Updated Spanish translation (thanks, AlfredoRamos!)
  • External Components:
    • Updated FFmpeg to builds from 2014-07-16, which:
      • Improves support for many containers and codecs
      • Fixes bugs
Madoka

Re: Version 4.0.1 is released

Post by Madoka »

Thanks for the new release!! Gonna go test. :D
Gareee

Post by Gareee »

Looks like 4.01 cleared up the mp4 playback issue 4.00 had. ;)
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

Hmmm.. I saw with the latest version ffmpeg was set as default... And even though you said mencoder uses ffmpeg, whenever I have ffmpeg it stays black (for a long time) but when I start with mencoder it almost immediatly starts.. gonna set mencoder back to default in my setup..
snakebyte

Post by snakebyte »

@Subjunk,

I experience exactly the same with ffmpeg as SuperDre and choose for mencoder instead for the primary transcoder.
The issue however is not related to the latest UMS release , but is already there since I started using UMS about 1,5 years ago.
Everytime an update of the ffmpeg decoder arrives , I will try this immediately just to see the progress made.
The problem is almost never occuring with the first file that is decoded (this will start pretty fast) , but every file following will take more time to start with ultimately resulting in a server time out.
I already tried this with Mac OSX 10.8 as Mavericks and with the various Java versions being 6,7 and 8 and all on the latest build , but no changes yet.
It looks like ffmpeg creates some kind of cluther in the Java or UMS working methode.

Greetsssssssssss,

Snakebyte
SuperDre

Post by SuperDre »

ah, never used ffmpeg because mencoder just worked.. I'm still using the phat PS3 as renderer...
inuya5ha

Post by inuya5ha »

Downloading (manually) :geek:

The Auto Update dialog downloaded a huge file just to show the message "Error: Unable to run update. You may need to manually download it." :?
matush

Post by matush »

Subtitles stopped working after the update, can someone tell me what to do? I am streaming on my Samsung Smart TV (UE40F6400), everything worked without any problems on 3 and 4.0 version.

EDIT: I installed 4.0 version for now, until the bug is resolved. Subtitles on 4.0 are working without a hitch.
Bosck

Post by Bosck »

Live subtitles not working for me with MP4. I'm using 3.6.4 for now.

Sony Bravia W series and ubuntu 14.04.
Janz

Post by Janz »

matush wrote:Subtitles stopped working after the update, can someone tell me what to do? I am streaming on my Samsung Smart TV (UE40F6400), everything worked without any problems on 3 and 4.0 version.

EDIT: I installed 4.0 version for now, until the bug is resolved. Subtitles on 4.0 are working without a hitch.
Same problem here. External subtitles at least stopped working in 4.0.1, I also installed 4.0 and it's OK again. Also at least for me the external subtitles are not overriding internals in 4.0 either, worked fine though in beta version..