Version 4.4.0 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
wongnog

Re: Version 4.4.0 is released

Post by wongnog »

Crack wrote:UMS incorrectly detects my Samsung H6400 (UE48H6400AW) as Samsung AllShare, despite there being a special profile for it.
[...]
Please add some reliable way to detect Samsung devices (TVs / all recent?) OR allow to assign a renderer to concrete device, so instead of going through these two steps above I would be able to click on this device in UMS, choose proper renderer and be done with it.
As a workaround, you can disable the other Samsung renderers and leave only the H6400 one.
aey

Re: Version 4.4.0 is released

Post by aey »

aey wrote:Thanks for the release.
I tried the new H6400 conf file that supports the H6400 Samsung. The TV plays about 10 to 30 seconds of transcoded streaming Web source (apparently depending on resolution of the source) and stops. Local files that do not require streaming play OK.
Transcoded streams play great on older Samsung and Philips TVs. The problem exists with 4.3.1 and 5.0 as well.
Is this a problem with DLNA implementation on the TV? Has anyone experienced the same problem? Any ideas?
Thanks
I solved the problem by changing ChunkedTransfer = true to ChunkedTransfer = false
Everything seems to work OK now.