Version 2.0.0 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Version 2.0.0 is released

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks! I hope with this release people will see there are a lot of reasons UMS is better than PMS, instead of thinking it is mostly the same :)
nonolk

Post by nonolk »

Hi UMS Team,

First of all, I want to say thank you very much for your last release, which is really the best ever.
Thank you also for all the work you did on this project.

For me there is just a big but, since a while the custom mencoder options at renderer level are not anymore working.
You can say why do you need it , you can put it in the normal custom mencoder options.

I'm using 3 diffrents renderer one Sony Bravia KDL40EX500, one Sony BDP-S590 and an Onlyo TXNR 609, and I want to be able to use one DNLA server to serve both. But the Sony Bravia need some mencoder options in order to Display properly some video ( (width/height < 1.75 || width/height > 1.79) :: -vf expand=::::1:16/9), if I put it in the expert mencoder options it work for the Bravia TV, but it produce some compressed video on the Sony BDP-S590.

I tried a lot of diffrent options, but none worked except to switch back to a really old PMS version (1.52.1) which was for me the last version where it worked fine.

Best regards,
--
Nonolk.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

You missed one parameter which should help in most cases and it is "softskip".
Please keep in mind that order is mandatory!

Code: Select all

... -vf softskip,expand=...
smirk

Post by smirk »

Just wanted to say thanks for working so hard on UMS. We love it over here!
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

Dropping in to say thanks for 2.0.0!

This is the best version of UMS by far. I have three troublesome .mkvs, which prior versions of PMS/UMS could not play with proper A/V sync no matter what combination of settings was tried. With 2.0.0, one plays perfectly with default settings, and the other two play fine with "Force framerate parsed from FFmpeg" checked.

Which leads me to ask, is there any reason not to have "Force framerate parsed from FFmgeg" checked all the time?

Thanks for 2.0.0.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Madoka wrote:is there any reason not to have "Force framerate parsed from FFmgeg" checked all the time?
I think the main reason is that it makes loading slower