Version 5.2.1 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
hollyking

Re: Version 5.2.1 is released

Post by hollyking »

Playing now many video files format on my PS4!! Great News !!... but one question why some videos i'm able to fast forward and others not ?

Regards
WAusJackBauer

Post by WAusJackBauer »

Not sure about anyone else, but since I installed 5.2.1 I've had problems with audio desyncing and I use the exact same settings as before.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

WAusJackBauer wrote:Not sure about anyone else, but since I installed 5.2.1 I've had problems with audio desyncing and I use the exact same settings as before.
Depends what you are using to play videos on but 5.2.0 and 5.2.1 do not transcode to MPEG-PS properly when using FFMpeg. But instead have been transcoding to MPEG-TS which on some devices (Panasonics, Sony and a couple of others based on what formats i know those devices can handle) will playback a MPEG-TS (or AVC) based file fine until you skip/FForward/Rwind and then the audio will go out of sync.

See my thread here...
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3663

Valib is now aware of the issue so expect it to be corrected in the next version. I recommend for now you either use his 5.2.2-SNAPSHOT (again see that thread) build or revert back to 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 (5.1.0, 5.1.1, and 5.1.3 also had other problems unrelated to this which are mentioned in their respective announcement threads).

Unfortunately there has been a few different problems from versions 5.10 to the latest 5.2.2. 4.4.x, 5.1.2 and 5.1.4 seem the most stable for anyone thats had any issues with other builds since 5.1.0.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Paradox it is not true that UMS is instead of MPEG-PS transcoding to MPEG-TS. The problem is that your TV doesn't properly recognize the transcoded format file extension (.vob) which was added but your TV recognizes it as MPEG-TS. The transcoded stream format was untouched and is still MPEG-PS. On the other hand the audio desyncing has probably nothing to do with that. We need logs to see if there is something which can help us.
This info
WAusJackBauer wrote:Not sure about anyone else, but since I installed 5.2.1 I've had problems with audio desyncing and I use the exact same settings as before.
really doesn't help.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

valib wrote:Paradox it is not true that UMS is instead of MPEG-PS transcoding to MPEG-TS. The problem is that your TV doesn't properly recognize the transcoded format file extension (.vob) which was added but your TV recognizes it as MPEG-TS. The transcoded stream format was untouched and is still MPEG-PS. On the other hand the audio desyncing has probably nothing to do with that. We need logs to see if there is something which can help us.
This info
really doesn't help.
Well whatever the issue im just glad you are aware of it and know what needs to be altered in the next version :)
Euphrates

Post by Euphrates »

I'm unsure if I'm the only one but the download links appear to be broken.

Edit: Correction, I think Sourceforge is busted.

Edit #2: Found links in support forum for alternate download locations. I couldn't find Java 8 version so I just used Java 7 version.
jimwhat

Post by jimwhat »

For some reason, UMS now uses a single thumbnail (from a music album cover) for all of my video thumbnails instead of generating one. I've tried clearing my thumbcache in Win8 and doing a clean install od UMS, but neither of those fixed the problem.

I've tried disabling thumbnails, turning them on, having MPlayer do the thumbnail, and changing the seeking position, but it always shows that one image.

Any ideas?

Edit: Added the debug file here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2090&p=17445#p17445
reclusedna

Post by reclusedna »

First of all I want to say that I love UMS and was excited to see that 5.2.1 was released for osx.

That being said, when I downloaded 5.2.1 for Java8 and opened it to install, the title of the window read 5.2.1 Java 7.
I let it install anyway hoping it was possibly a typo.
After running it I get a warning on Maverik that the file is corrupt and has been deleted!

I wanted to bring it to your attention that the Java 8 version is not working (at least for me)..
Is there another place I can d/l it?

Unfortunately, before I realized this, on seeing that 5.2.1 was out, I updated my Java to the latest for mac (Java 8 update 51) because it was being blocked by my browser since it was outdated.
"Oracle's Java version 7u25 and below have been disabled by Apple on OS X. Updating to the latest release will allow Java to be run on Mac OS X."

I can still run UMS 5.2.0 but it fails when trying to load my plugins due to :

"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/pms/logging/DebugLogPathDefiner
07-28 20:45:53 at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
07-28 20:45:53 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
07-28 20:45:53 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 11 more
07-28 20:47:48 Sending BYEBYE...
07-28 20:47:48 Stopping server on host null and port 5001..."

I suspect the problem is that 5.2.0 is not completely compatible with the Java update..
That is the only thing I have changed in my setup, but I admit I know very little about Java.

Can anyone tell me if they are having this issue or if you found a good version of UMS 5.2.1 java 8 anywhere?
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Erok
GeorgeTip

Version 5 2 1 is released

Post by GeorgeTip »

What confuses me is if this version 6.32, has the bug fixes of 6.30.4, or the only way to get that bugs fixed is to stay in 6.30.4 and never ever more update.