Version 6.2.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
emoolaf

Re: Version 6.2.0 released

Post by emoolaf »

any chance to get the ps4 issues fixed in a future update soon?
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

I am afraid not until Sony improve the player used in PS4 to work like in PS3.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

WAusJackBauer wrote:
SubJunk wrote:I recommend you disable the "Automatic maximum bitrate" setting since that seems to be what is causing the blocky video.

Please try this renderer profile for your ST60 and if it works well it will be in the next release.
Panasonic-VieraST60.conf
Horay! After disabling automatic maximum bitrate the blocking in FFmpeg is gone! Thanks again for your help!
Cool :) You're welcome
WAusJackBauer wrote:I used the renderer you attached, but I probably should've asked. what is a renderer exactly? Because without this renderer you've given me, videos have still worked on both of my TVs.
A renderer configuration is a file that instructs UMS how to interact with your renderer (AKA your device, like a TV or console)
WAusJackBauer wrote:Just a quick question. My TVs and my computer are both connected to my router. My computer has all my movies on it and is connected to my router by an ethernet cable. My TV however is connecting to my router wirelessly, so in transcode settings should I select wired or wireless? I have a 100mb connection if that means anything.
It would probably be best to use the wireless setting for best stability. If you have a fast wireless network (AC with full bars) then you might get away with using the wired setting. You can try it.
WAusJackBauer wrote:Finally, in your opinion as a developer, what are the pros and cons for ffmpeg and MEnconder and which one would you overall recommend?
FFmpeg is better. MEncoder has been all but abandoned, and is built on top of FFmpeg anyway. We work hard on our default settings and priorities, so the best thing to do is leave the settings at their defaults and the best engine will be selected automatically.