Version 6.2.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 6.2.0 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

You can download it from the front page.

This release adds an image overlay to fully played thumbnails, improves the web interface, improves support for Samsung and Panasonic TVs and more!

Changes since 6.1.0:
  • General:
    • Use image instead of text in thumbnail overlays
    • Improved the web interface
    • Added support for using Open Subtitles credentials
    • Improved filename prettifying
    • Fixed bump support on mobile devices
  • Renderers:
    • Improved Panasonic VT60 support
    • Improved Samsung J55xx support
    • Fixed duplicate subtitles on Samsung TVs
  • Languages:
    • Synchronized translations with crowdin
  • External Components:
    • Updated Apache Commons Collections to 3.2.2
    • Updated l10n Maven plugin to 1.4
    • Updated logback to 1.1.5
    • Updated Maven Project Info Reports plugin to 2.8.1
    • Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.83
    • Updated slf4j to 1.7.16
WAusJackBauer

Re: Version 6.2.0 released

Post by WAusJackBauer »

Thank you for another new release with better support for Panasonic VT60 (haven't tested yet)

In the next version, if it isn't too much trouble it would be cool to see support for the ST60 (exact model P50ST60A) as this is my main TV for movies. I did a quick test on this and the picture quality blocking still happens in FFmpeg. I'll do another test on my VT60 when I can.

MEncoder with audio set to stereo still works flawlessly in audio sync and picture quality on any device, but would you like for me to post a log for the FFmpeg blocking again?
Kefran

Post by Kefran »

Thanks for they update guys!

To improve on Samsung TV support, is it possible to include the attached profile? I've been testing it for over a month and it's working fine.

The profile is for Samsung TV UA40J6200 (or any UAXXJ6200), which I based on the Samsung-H6400.conf file --the H6400 looks almost identical, so you can use that icon.

Sorry, I can't attach a file here for some reason.
Please download from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lef4pz7ysps34 ... f.zip?dl=0
HT1

Post by HT1 »

thanks for the update, ffmpeg is still from last january tho. it causes problems with some files/plugins.

i had to update to latest https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

HT1 wrote:thanks for the update, ffmpeg is still from last january tho. it causes problems with some files/plugins.

Yeah, the current FFMPEG breaks some addons in Jumpy like TwitchTV. Please update the FFMPEG build, SJ.
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

WAusJackBauer wrote:Thank you for another new release with better support for Panasonic VT60 (haven't tested yet)

In the next version, if it isn't too much trouble it would be cool to see support for the ST60 (exact model P50ST60A) as this is my main TV for movies. I did a quick test on this and the picture quality blocking still happens in FFmpeg. I'll do another test on my VT60 when I can.

MEncoder with audio set to stereo still works flawlessly in audio sync and picture quality on any device, but would you like for me to post a log for the FFmpeg blocking again?
I recommend you disable the "Automatic maximum bitrate" setting since that seems to be what is causing the blocky video.

Please try this renderer profile for your ST60 and if it works well it will be in the next release.
Panasonic-VieraST60.conf
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 1151 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Kefran wrote:Thanks for they update guys!

To improve on Samsung TV support, is it possible to include the attached profile? I've been testing it for over a month and it's working fine.

The profile is for Samsung TV UA40J6200 (or any UAXXJ6200), which I based on the Samsung-H6400.conf file --the H6400 looks almost identical, so you can use that icon.

Sorry, I can't attach a file here for some reason.
Please download from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lef4pz7ysps34 ... f.zip?dl=0
Thanks a lot, this will be in the next version :)
HT1 wrote:thanks for the update, ffmpeg is still from last january tho. it causes problems with some files/plugins.

Thanks for letting us know, we will update it in the next version
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

Thanks for the update! Loving the new generic video icon.

One minor issue, when I initially browse on the PS3 into a folder with mp3, it will load the album cover, then blink as if it's reloading them. Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it. This doesn't happen with thumbnails generated by UMS for videos.
HT1

Post by HT1 »

SubJunk wrote:

Thanks for letting us know, we will update it in the next version
i had an idea, why not put ffmpeg/other codecs in the plugins tab and that way ums can check for updates ?

i made a thread here for this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7547
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Those builds of FFmpeg update every day so it's not something that needs to be checked in my opinion. You know that every day there will be a new one, and we usually include a new FFmpeg with each UMS version.