Version 6.2.0 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 2570
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Version 6.2.0 released

Post by SubJunk » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:17 am

General:

You can download it from the front page.

This release adds an image overlay to fully played thumbnails, improves the web interface, improves support for Samsung and Panasonic TVs and more!


Changes since 6.1.0:
  • General:
    • Use image instead of text in thumbnail overlays
    • Improved the web interface
    • Added support for using Open Subtitles credentials
    • Improved filename prettifying
    • Fixed bump support on mobile devices
  • Renderers:
    • Improved Panasonic VT60 support
    • Improved Samsung J55xx support
    • Fixed duplicate subtitles on Samsung TVs
  • Languages:
    • Synchronized translations with crowdin
  • External Components:
    • Updated Apache Commons Collections to 3.2.2
    • Updated l10n Maven plugin to 1.4
    • Updated logback to 1.1.5
    • Updated Maven Project Info Reports plugin to 2.8.1
    • Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.83
    • Updated slf4j to 1.7.16

WAusJackBauer
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:53 pm

Re: Version 6.2.0 released

Post by WAusJackBauer » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:52 am

Thank you for another new release with better support for Panasonic VT60 (haven't tested yet)

In the next version, if it isn't too much trouble it would be cool to see support for the ST60 (exact model P50ST60A) as this is my main TV for movies. I did a quick test on this and the picture quality blocking still happens in FFmpeg. I'll do another test on my VT60 when I can.

MEncoder with audio set to stereo still works flawlessly in audio sync and picture quality on any device, but would you like for me to post a log for the FFmpeg blocking again?

Kefran
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:57 am
Location: QLD, Australia

Re: Version 6.2.0 released

Post by Kefran » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:02 pm

Thanks for they update guys!

To improve on Samsung TV support, is it possible to include the attached profile? I've been testing it for over a month and it's working fine.

The profile is for Samsung TV UA40J6200 (or any UAXXJ6200), which I based on the Samsung-H6400.conf file --the H6400 looks almost identical, so you can use that icon.

Sorry, I can't attach a file here for some reason.
Please download from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lef4pz7ysps34 ... f.zip?dl=0

HT1
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:30 pm

Re: Version 6.2.0 released

Post by HT1 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:29 pm

thanks for the update, ffmpeg is still from last january tho. it causes problems with some files/plugins.

i had to update to latest https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
Win 10 64bits java 8
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my conf)

User avatar
kuroukage
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: Version 6.2.0 released

Post by kuroukage » Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:18 pm

HT1 wrote:thanks for the update, ffmpeg is still from last january tho. it causes problems with some files/plugins.

i had to update to latest https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
Yeah, the current FFMPEG breaks some addons in Jumpy like TwitchTV. Please update the FFMPEG build, SJ.
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------

User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 2570
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Version 6.2.0 released

Post by SubJunk » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:51 pm

WAusJackBauer wrote:Thank you for another new release with better support for Panasonic VT60 (haven't tested yet)

In the next version, if it isn't too much trouble it would be cool to see support for the ST60 (exact model P50ST60A) as this is my main TV for movies. I did a quick test on this and the picture quality blocking still happens in FFmpeg. I'll do another test on my VT60 when I can.

MEncoder with audio set to stereo still works flawlessly in audio sync and picture quality on any device, but would you like for me to post a log for the FFmpeg blocking again?
I recommend you disable the "Automatic maximum bitrate" setting since that seems to be what is causing the blocky video.

Please try this renderer profile for your ST60 and if it works well it will be in the next release.
Panasonic-VieraST60.conf
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 2570
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Version 6.2.0 released

Post by SubJunk » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:57 pm

Kefran wrote:Thanks for they update guys!

To improve on Samsung TV support, is it possible to include the attached profile? I've been testing it for over a month and it's working fine.

The profile is for Samsung TV UA40J6200 (or any UAXXJ6200), which I based on the Samsung-H6400.conf file --the H6400 looks almost identical, so you can use that icon.

Sorry, I can't attach a file here for some reason.
Please download from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lef4pz7ysps34 ... f.zip?dl=0
Thanks a lot, this will be in the next version :)
HT1 wrote:thanks for the update, ffmpeg is still from last january tho. it causes problems with some files/plugins.

i had to update to latest https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
Thanks for letting us know, we will update it in the next version

Madoka
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Re: Version 6.2.0 released

Post by Madoka » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:07 am

Thanks for the update! Loving the new generic video icon.

One minor issue, when I initially browse on the PS3 into a folder with mp3, it will load the album cover, then blink as if it's reloading them. Not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it. This doesn't happen with thumbnails generated by UMS for videos.

HT1
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:30 pm

Re: Version 6.2.0 released

Post by HT1 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:59 am

SubJunk wrote:
HT1 wrote:thanks for the update, ffmpeg is still from last january tho. it causes problems with some files/plugins.

i had to update to latest https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
Thanks for letting us know, we will update it in the next version
i had an idea, why not put ffmpeg/other codecs in the plugins tab and that way ums can check for updates ?

i made a thread here for this viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7547
Win 10 64bits java 8
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my conf)

User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 2570
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Version 6.2.0 released

Post by SubJunk » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:55 am

Those builds of FFmpeg update every day so it's not something that needs to be checked in my opinion. You know that every day there will be a new one, and we usually include a new FFmpeg with each UMS version.

Post Reply