Version 6.3.2 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 6.3.2 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

You can download it from the front page.

This release fixes connectivity with Sony renderers, improves codec detection and fixes bugs.

Changes since 6.3.1.1:
  • General:
    • Added user config setting ALIVE_delay
    • Fixed calculating network speeds with offline renderers
    • Fixed detection of the MPEG-1 video codec
  • Renderers:
    • Fixed connectivity with Sony renderers
  • Languages:
    • Synchronized translations with crowdin
erick diangilis

Re: Version 6.3.2 released

Post by erick diangilis »

hi subjunk thank you for this new release i hope my replies helped and i gonna give it a try on this new version. :)
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

Thanks for the new release.

It finds my PS3 just fine, but still has the funny subtitle language icon bug that wasn't in 6.3.0.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

erick diangilis wrote:hi subjunk thank you for this new release i hope my replies helped and i gonna give it a try on this new version. :)
Hi Erick, yes you really helped with this, thank you!
Madoka wrote:Thanks for the new release.

It finds my PS3 just fine, but still has the funny subtitle language icon bug that wasn't in 6.3.0.
Thanks for mentioning this again, I felt some urgency to fix the connection issues and now we can look at this one :)
erick diangilis

i would like to thank subjunk and the team behind this release after testing for hours i can happily say that this version is on the best so far i've seem everything from sound to fotos was checked very carefully. i can tell that there is a lots of effort and hard work here and the result is incredible its fast, soft and works on ps4 without disconnecting not once, the Picture and sound quality are top notch with a good clarity and fine details i just love the soft colors and the more balanced contrast and brightness the picture look fantastic very realistic and highly crisp. i could say more but the text is going be huge so i tried to be short and consive as possible.

thanks again for the support and the atention on the connection and other subjects as well. :D
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for your kind words Erick!
erick diangilis

you're welcome! i think sometimes things happens for a reason maybe this whole situation happened to make things better and in the end everything went out ok not just for me but for the ps3 users with the same problems as well and i'm glad that i could help in someway along with the others thank you for listening to us and show us that you care about your software and us consumers sometimes wish more poeple is like this. you know i work here in brazil as tv callibrator so i appreciate a good quality image and sound that makes me feel watching a movie in a theater makes me connect with it so feel free if want to evaluate or try a new build or even make a review about it or about a new version i'll be glad to help as i did with one here.

have a good day and a nice weekend. :)
cicchis0

Post by cicchis0 »

SubJunk wrote:General:

You can download it from the front page.

This release fixes connectivity with Sony renderers, improves codec detection and fixes bugs.

Changes since 6.3.1.1:
  • General:
    • Added user config setting ALIVE_delay
    • Fixed calculating network speeds with offline renderers
    • Fixed detection of the MPEG-1 video codec
  • Renderers:
    • Fixed connectivity with Sony renderers
  • Languages:
    • Synchronized translations with crowdin
Thanks for continuing to work on this great product. I wanted to ask about the default settings. I generally do a clean install because the installer mentions that a clean install can help take advantage of improved default settings, but it doesn't actually detail these changes from the previous release. This means that after each update, I need to redefine the media library and adjust any settings from their defaults to my preferences. The help text is quite emphatic about some options, such as "Switch to tsMuxeR when video when H.264 video is PS3 compatible - Enable this!" under Transcoding Settings/Video Files Engines: MEncoder/Video/Audio decoder settings for MEncoder engine only. Is there a reason that this isn't enabled by default?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Good question, cicchis0. We try to keep the best defaults so I think in that case the Help text is out of date and we should change it

Edit: That recommendation is changed in that document now for the next release
Grim

Post by Grim »

Hello,

i just registred today to let you know i'm also experiencing this "Disconnect after 18mins" bug some other people mentioned for PS4 on my Samsung TV's UE55ES8080 and UE37ES6710 with every version starting from 6.3.0. This phenomenon does not occur on 6.2.2, so i have to keep using that. Please let me know how i can help you in more detail. I'm also open for any advice on how to solve the issue myself. Thanks in advance.