Version 6.5.1 released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 6.5.1 released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

You can download it from the front page.

We have improved support for many filetypes and devices, improved performance, squashed bugs, reduced CPU usage, and more!

Changes since 6.5.0:
  • General:
    • Added Dolby Atmos detection
    • Added renderer config setting RemoveTagsFromSRTSubtitles
    • Config file fixes and improvements
    • Reduced CPU usage
    • Improved adherence to DLNA standards
    • Restart button changes to red when a restart is required
    • Fixed audio channel parsing
    • Fixed audio pitch when transcoding some files
  • Languages:
    • Synchronized translations with Crowdin
  • Renderers:
    • Added support for VLC for desktop
    • Improved seeking support on AnyCast
    • Improved support for some filetypes on VLC for iOS
    • Improved support for Panasonic E6 TVs
    • Improved support for AVI files on XBMC
  • Dependencies:
    • Updated jaudiotagger to 2.2.5
    • Updated MediaInfo to 0.7.88
    • Updated NSIS to 2.5.1
pipin

Re: Version 6.5.1 released

Post by pipin »

Thx. Running fine so far.
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
HyperJun

Post by HyperJun »

Thanks. Great work on the media server.
MKV with subtitles fail to play on ffmpeg, when you go to transcode folder and use mencoder it works. Last working version for this was 6.3.0.
Defer to mencoder when transcoding a problematic subtitles is enabled.
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

thanks for the new version keep up with the good job guys. :D
fiocco12345

Post by fiocco12345 »

Dear Forum,

great update to Version 6.5.1. The Content with 4k/2160p can be played now, but there are some problems again.
The stream always Interrupts with this debug:

-DEBUG Setting margin to 2Mb
-DEBUG Sending ALIVE...
-DEBUG Setting margin to 2Mb
-DEBUG Sending ALIVE...

Hardware: Sony KD-55X8509C

Greetz ...
Darth Ed

Post by Darth Ed »

The application menu on the Mac version still says "About PMS" instead of "About UMS".... Otherwise, great work, team!
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

hi i've tested this new ums version with the new media player 2.50 on the ps4 its working fine so far with any kind of media i've tried. since nobody posted about it i thought i should give some feedback to you ums team. ;)

have a nice weekend.
HT1

Post by HT1 »

in v6.5.1 (and possibly 6.5.0) i've been getting a few errors of the type

A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization: Address already in use: bind

after shutting down ums (for whatever reason) without rebooting the computer and then loading ums from the shortcut.

n.b:i load ums from a batch file at win start that checks if ums settings file is ok. sometimes the file becomes corrupt and shrinks in size. i check the size and copy a backup if need be. But i digress, the bind error...

When this error happens, seems ums can't restart when i click the red restart button at top. it can only quit and load again.

then this error msg in the logs upon loading. And can't be unbound until a reboot of the machine. is there another way?

i have no idea how a network ip binding could stop a reload. weird.
Win 10 64bits
Qnap TS-212 2x3TB WD Red
Sony Bravia MN (my own conf)
quick_dry

Post by quick_dry »

HT1 wrote:in v6.5.1 (and possibly 6.5.0) i've been getting a few errors of the type

A serious error occurred during Universal Media Server initialization: Address already in use: bind

after shutting down ums (for whatever reason) without rebooting the computer and then loading ums from the shortcut.

n.b:i load ums from a batch file at win start that checks if ums settings file is ok. sometimes the file becomes corrupt and shrinks in size. i check the size and copy a backup if need be. But i digress, the bind error...

When this error happens, seems ums can't restart when i click the red restart button at top. it can only quit and load again.

then this error msg in the logs upon loading. And can't be unbound until a reboot of the machine. is there another way?

i have no idea how a network ip binding could stop a reload. weird.
that problem has existed for MANY versions now, a few years. On windows the javaw process will still be running and unable to be killed, holding onto the network port. It can also happen with the UMS admin interface and if that happens the GUI can't persist changes. You can change the port, restart and it should be fine - till it crashes and then a restart without reboot will have the same issue (plus another javaw process running, and this goes on and on till you reboot). I run a python script which checks for a free port within a range, sets the config file, then starts UMS - so it at least automates resetting the port. But it still dies so much it is useless and I mostly end up using the Apple TV.