Playback issue

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
XL Trojan

Playback issue

Post by XL Trojan »

So i like the overview of UMS, i switched from serviio however there's one thing hindering me from using it, the main reason i switched was because it apparantly could automatically download subs without me adding it manually, however when i go to the subtitle live thingy on my TV it takes longer then usual to load and i can't play back or forth, also there's so many encoders/transcoders ffmpeg etc i would rather just stick to ffmpeg but what advantages does the other encoders have?

I tried Plex but when it automatically adds the sub it's no longer playable on my Samsung C Series TV, otherwise it works fine, on serviio i have to rename the .srt file as same as the video file which is annoying, UMS got it to work but it has to buffer/encode it and i can't play back or forth.
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Playback issue

Post by SharkHunter »

Can you upload the logs? From a quick browse in the code it looks like it should be possible to stream the subs (thus no need to transcode) if your TV supports it. I believe Samsung does support subs so it should work.
But I need to see your logs and find out the render conf.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
XL Trojan

Post by XL Trojan »

SharkHunter wrote:Can you upload the logs? From a quick browse in the code it looks like it should be possible to stream the subs (thus no need to transcode) if your TV supports it. I believe Samsung does support subs so it should work.
But I need to see your logs and find out the render conf.
Where can i find the logs? Pretty new to UMS :S
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

In the GUI click on the logs tab and at the bottom you'll have a button called packed debug files. Press it and you'll have a nice zip file which you can upload.
A longer instruction viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.