PS4 now support DLNA!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mileleku

Re: PS4 now support DLNA!

Post by mileleku »

This time everything in the folders was displayed correctly again.

And yet again, my mov file played and the 10 bit mkv didn't.
Maybe I should add that the PS4 isn't showing any times for length and I'm not able to wind through to some point in the video. But I guess that is an issue to solve later.

Thanks for all your hard work in trying to get this to run SubJunk, eventhough you don't even own a PS4 :D
Attachments
debug - 60101a0a8.log
(569.65 KiB) Downloaded 745 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Well us Bakemonogatari fans must stick together :p
How about this one? http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-8babfa6.exe

P.S. Does the 10-bit file play on any other renderers?
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

SubJunk, quite hard to troubleshoot with so uncommon files as flv or 10bit videos.
Guys try more common files for your testing to avoid problems generated by transcoder (FFmpeg/MEncoder) and not by PS4 itself 8-)
mileleku

Post by mileleku »

Ahaha, TRACE logs seem to give quite some insight on the files being played :lol: *High Five*

This time I tried it with the other two transcoding options, too, but it didn't work.
Additionally, I played it with my PS3 at the end just to demonstrate that it is indeed working without problems on the PS3.

I'll be away for like 2-3 hours, after that I have more time to do any testing needed ~

PS: I have no idea how this whole thing with transcoding works, but the compatibility check seems to not distinguish between 8 bit and 10 bit? Maybe this is something to consider. But I don't know.
Attachments
ums_dbg - 8babfa6.zip
(91.02 KiB) Downloaded 730 times
radamo

Post by radamo »

Two things... just tried the latest version posted (log attached). Did not get anywhere with the following:
Avatar mkv with DTS audio (not transcoded filed)
From the transcoded folder
Hobbit 5 armies (ffmpeg) - no good

Also getting a message in the regular log: [Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file.

Is that something to be concerned about?
Thanks,
Rich
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 680 times
creighton

Post by creighton »

SubJunk wrote:Thanks a lot for these logs. Could you please try again with FFmpeg set as the top engine? MEncoder was at the top in your config and that muddies the results.
Hmm that's strange, not sure how that happened. Oops! Here we go again (it's the same results though).

544112b:

Code: Select all

flv1.flv - streamed fine with FFmpeg (trying outright did the tsmuxer crash)
transcode1.mkv - failed with manual attempt using FFmpeg transcode (trying outright also failed)
ce9daae:

flv1.flv - did not appear in initial file list on PS4 (did appear within TRANSCODE folder, but only had "no encoding" and "tsMuxeR" options - neither worked)
transcode1.mkv - failed with manual attempt using FFmpeg transcode (trying outright also failed)
Zipped the two tests above together because it seems the forum has a limit on the number of attached files:
redo.zip
(97.63 KiB) Downloaded 855 times
SubJunk wrote:Does the PS4 actually display internal subtitles?
No it does not appear so (I only added it to avoid unnecessary transcoding). You have to enable "Closed Captions" in the PS4's settings, then a "CC" toggle will be available within the Media Player app. I tried over DLNA (with subtitle support added to the profile) and USB - neither displayed the internal subtitles. I then extracted the subs and gave them the same name as the MKV - as a separate file, they displayed correctly via USB.

----------------------------------

I'm always a little late to the party, but here's logs for the two newest builds you posted.

60101a0:

60101a0.zip
(53.75 KiB) Downloaded 751 times
8babfa6:

8babfa6.zip
(53.28 KiB) Downloaded 801 times
ExSport wrote:quite hard to troubleshoot with so uncommon files as flv or 10bit videos.
Guys try more common files for your testing to avoid problems generated by transcoder (FFmpeg/MEncoder) and not by PS4 itself
The FLV I'm using just needs a new container, as it already has H264 video and AAC audio. It's been shown working with manual transcoding through FFmpeg. The MKV I'm using needs its audio transcoded from DTS. I thought they were a good selection of files for the testing, but recommendations are accepted.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

• [EngineName] before the video name means that mentioned transcoder engine it forcefully used.
  • [EngineName] after the video name means that UMS will decide automatically if tsMuxer or specified engine will be used, depending on settings.
So to be sure file is transcoded --> use engine name displayed before the name :idea:
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

@creighton: It was general tip to any testers not to use uncommon files as sometimes FFmpeg itself has problems with such files.
Sure it seems it is not your case 8-)
emoolaf

Post by emoolaf »

Hello,

Im all new to UMS
I worked with the PS3MS and a PS3 before and everything worked.

Now the PS3MS doesntwork at all with the ps4.
I downloaded UMS and some filey do work now.

Most .mkv´s work with the transcode version "no encode", they never work with the "normal" verisons out of the transcode folder.
some of the working files doesnt have sound. Playstation media player says audio format not supported.

Is there any solution to this?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi emoolaf, we are working hard on this :) We hope to have full PS4 support very soon