Universal Media Server

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
davidlavie

Universal Media Server

Post by davidlavie »

With the recent news about Plex changing their TOS, I've been looking at alternatives. This looks great.

Thanks for the ebuild and all of the other efforts- I was able to emerge version 6.7.3 and get it up and running... sort of. I can bring up the interface, detect renderers, and access the admin interface on port :5001/console/home.. but I can't bring up the default web interface at 9001. I get an ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE. I've tried changing a number of settings incl toggling the httpv2 engine, running as root in headless mode, and so on... nothing. Enabling everything in the logger doesn't seem to shed any light on things. I can telnet to port 9001 when the service is running so something is listening there, but nothing comes up in the browser. I've tried Chrome 54.0.2840.100 and Firefox 45.5.0. Stopped iptables, no effect. In terms of Java I'm running Oracle JDK 1.8.0.112.

Is there something obvious I'm missing here?
atamariya

Re: Universal Media Server

Post by atamariya »

If you are on windows, your log file is located at C:\ProgramData\UMS\debug.log . You can upload it here for developers to help you.