Semi-random "The data is corrupted" error

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
GamerDad7

Semi-random "The data is corrupted" error

Post by GamerDad7 »

I have a large group of similar video files that I'm trying to play. They're all the same file type (MP4), and around the same size/length. Most of them play fine through UMS on my PS3, but some of them won't play, giving me a "The data is corrupted" error. I'm experiencing this on v9.0.0, but it was happening on the last couple 8.x versions as well. The weird thing is, it's sometimes kind of random. There are a few files that I've never gotten to play, but then there are others that sometimes work and sometimes don't. I'm curious if there are any settings in UMS I could adjust that may resolve this? Under the General Settings tab, I'm using the default settings for Network settings and Advanced HTTP and system settings. I'm also using the default settings for everything under the Transcoding Settings tab, except under Misc settings I changed the two Transcoding quality settings to Automatic (wireless) instead of Automatic (wired). On that same tab, I see AviSynch/MEncoder, AviSynch/FFmpeg, and VLC Web Video (Legacy) all have a red circle with a line through it next to them. Is that a problem? I see there's an option to enable them, should I do so?

If the problem can't be resolved in the UMS settings, is there anything else I can try? Unfortunately, running a wired connection isn't really an option at the moment. My PS3 is on the latest version, are there any settings I need to mess with on there? I should also note that this happens on 2 different PS3 Slims.

I tried running a tracelog, but all it shows when I re-created the error is that I started playing the video and then a few seconds later stopped playing it. I checked further back, when the server was starting up, and everything looked fine, except I noticed a few warnings:

13:41:15 WARN Could not parse player id "FFMPEGDVRMSREMUX"
13:41:15 WARN Unknown transcoding engine "ffmpegdvrmsremux"
13:41:15 WARN Could not parse player id "AVSFFMPEG"
13:41:15 WARN Unknown transcoding engine "avsffmpeg"
13:41:15 WARN Could not parse player id "AVSMENCODER"
13:41:15 WARN Unknown transcoding engine "avsmencoder"
13:41:15 WARN Could not parse player id "FFMPEGDVRMSREMUX"
13:41:15 WARN Unknown transcoding engine "ffmpegdvrmsremux"

Could this be causing my problem? If so, how do I correct this?