Thanks Subjunk + UMS Team

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
Mifune

Thanks Subjunk + UMS Team

Post by Mifune »

I've been using PS3 Media Server for years, since around the time it came out many moons ago and have been following your builds from when you started filling in for shagrath. Been really happy with the improvements you've done and what you're now doing/direction you're taking with Universal Media Server. It's my favorite piece of software and has become very integrated in my family's lives, as far as our entertainment goes. Major, major props to everyone involved.

I symlinked my media collection over Hamachi VPN (both ends have FIOS connections) to my parents and installed UMS on their computer, to serve it up to WD TV Live Streaming boxes. They see it is as pure "magic". In a way, it is.

I couldn't find any Donate button to contribute to the project, but you more than deserve it and I imagine others would be happy to donate to you too. If you don't accept donations, I'd be more than happy to contribute to the project in other ways. I don't have much experience in way of coding, but if you ever need any graphics assets, let me know.

Thanks again!
Optimus_prime

Re: Thanks Subjunk + UMS Team

Post by Optimus_prime »

Sorry Mifune for the delayed response,
Firstly, the developers around here, im sure, appreciate the fact your using this great piece of software.
They also appreciate your thanks for the hard work that they put in that makes this program better with every build.
But in saying all that, nothing would be possible without supporters like you, in the background, putting this software out there for all to see.
And i can't forget, all the users submitting the problems they have in every build, thus assisting the developers in making the improvements necessary to make UMS even better.

So just to let you know if you do feel like donating, launch UMS and goto the help tab and you should see a 'donate' button. But like you said by just assisting the developers with code, assisting with graphics or by even assisting other's within the UMS community in fixing there problems your helping to make UMS even better.

Cheer's for using UMS Mifune and i hope you continue to spread the word!!!!!!
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
S7eele

Post by S7eele »

I've been "saying" thanks for a long damn time and I try to stay active on the forums but I never really noticed the donate button. Now I feel bad :oops: for not thinking about it before, jk (mostly). I have nightmares about life without this software, maybe a few dollars will ward them off. As always, thanks to the whole team.
Peace!
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks a lot, Mifune! That post made my whole week! :) I hope we continue to make it better for you
Mifune

Post by Mifune »

Was on vacation for the last week or so, found the donation link through your post. Donation sent! Very well deserved and keep it up, everyone!

For any graphics needs I am easiest reached @ michael%at%make2.net

I'm probably going to put together a youtube video or two in the near future, because I think I'm doing some unique things with streaming over VPN (now testing other protocols, PPTP, OpenVPN) that I don't hear a lot of people doing, but may be very interested in.