Search media in library

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
Bruurb

Search media in library

Post by Bruurb »

Dear men and/or women,

I have a simple question about a functionality that has been bothering me since using pms and now ums.

I have a pretty big music library and the function that is eluding me is a simple search bar to type in the song i'm searching and have the server look it up for me (as opposed to manually finding the folder myself).

I cannot figure this out, i have tried the regular UMS options and the mediamonkey library plugin. Can anyone be so kind as to direct me to instructions on how to achieve this or simply let me know if it is possible at all?

Thanks in advance anyway!
atamariya

Re: Search media in library

Post by atamariya »

UPnP specs allows for searching in the current folder. In browser, navigate to a folder which has media files. Then you'll see the search bar.

Or enable media library (Add following line in UMS.conf) and then browse via #cache# folder to ALL music, videos or photos. You can issue a search from there.

Code: Select all

hide_media_library_folder = false
Sami32

Re: Search media in library

Post by Sami32 »

Hello Bruurb,

If you want be able to make searches from the web interface, you need add these lines to your UMS.conf file found in your profile folder:

Code: Select all

search_folder= true
search_in_folder= true
search_recurse_depth=                 (100 by default, but you could change it as you need)
and you will see appear "Search Disc Folders" on your renderer.