Resume Function

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Resume Function

Post by SharkHunter »

Madoka wrote:Just to clarify, with the resume avi file I mentioned, the file starts playing at the time I stopped (say @ 15:00), but the time bar starts at the beginning of the file, so jumping back doesn't work as the PS3 thinks I'm at the start of the file.
Well this is an inherited problem with no solution to. It is the way it should be (for now). The render will believe that the resume version is a completely new video that starts for the first time. It is real tricky to tell the render that the file is already midway through.

I'll look at the mp4 issue later..
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
jpank

Post by jpank »

I consider the resume function to be a very, very nice function. I tried using it with a Philips PFL TV (46PFL9706). I get the resume option but when using it every thing hangs i.e. the UMS on the PC side stops the stream and on the TV side it looks like the network disconnects. By the way it's a wired network.

Jacob
jorgehav

Post by jorgehav »

Resume Function:

Sometimes only audio resume, others no audio no video on Sony Bravia KDL-32CX525
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
jpank

Post by jpank »

Attached find the trace file as mentioned in viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556. I hope it would help to fix the resume issue.

Thanks, Jacob
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(48.83 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
loviscek

Post by loviscek »

I have a problem with Philips TV where I cant rewind or fastforward for some reason and when I try to continue to play video it continues 10-15 minutes past where I left it? Can I change it somehow? Because you wrote it usually goes 10-15 seconds before not 10-15 after.. pls help :|