Cannot load subtitles for samsung 48JU6670 4k

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
lantonis

Cannot load subtitles for samsung 48JU6670 4k

Post by lantonis »

Hello
I bought a new tv the Samsung 48JU6670 4k curved, and when i try to load the subtitles for a movie nothing loads. I have them in the same folder as the movie file and with the same file name.
I tried loading them from either a usb drive or from a nas drive but with the same result.
The subtitles options on the tv when i play the movie doesnt show anything useful.

i had an lg before this one, dont remember the model, but it was 200hrtz 3d, smart, a cheap model, and lg uploaded an update for loading subtitles through nas drive and it fixed the problem.

But with a tv like this and a price like that i find it impossible to not support subtitles.
Do i need to fix anything?

Thank you
lantonis

Re: Cannot load subtitles for samsung 48JU6670 4k

Post by lantonis »

Hey #squadjot thanks for the reply. Sorry i didnt responce yesterday. Ill try it when i get home and let you know
lantonis

Post by lantonis »

I noticed that the subtitles are loaded on some movies afterall. In most of the movies i tried they werent loaded. And i tried 2 starwars movies and they are working ok.
I checked the properties of both the movie file and the srt file and i didnt find any difference. What could be the case here?
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Subtitles are delivered to your render differently depending on filetypes and codecs.
Without these info it's hard to tell whats going on.
I can only suggest you enable logging, and play some files that work with and without subtitles.