UMS No Longer Finding Ps4 (0 changes to network)

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
DatsMyWurd

UMS No Longer Finding Ps4 (0 changes to network)

Post by DatsMyWurd »

So I have been using UMS for a little over a year now and it suddenly stopped working and finding my PS4. I haven't made any changes to my network or the file folders that I share. I have tried rolling back different versions but still no bueno. i have attached a log as normally requested on the forums. Any help would be great...

Eddie :|
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(27.45 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
Sami32

Re: UMS No Longer Finding Ps4 (0 changes to network)

Post by Sami32 »

It seem that something is blocking the communication on your network.

As Windows updates and some softwares, are known to change the firewall configuration without advertising you, i'll suggest you to verify if the income/outcome rules are correctly set for UMS and Java executables (.exe and .jar)

EDIT: Disabling your firewall just for the time of the test, will fix you on the firewall issue responsibility.
DatsMyWurd

Re: UMS No Longer Finding Ps4 (0 changes to network)

Post by DatsMyWurd »

Got it back up and running and connected to multiple devices. Tested out the firewall just like you suggested and what do ya know...it popped right up! LoL

I did recently have a Java update so I fixed the exception and all is well again. Thanks for the insight!
Sami32

[SOLVED] UMS No Longer Finding Ps4 (0 changes to network)

Post by Sami32 »

Great :D

Could you add [SOLVED] in front of the the tile of your first post in this thread, like i just did in my post, thank you.

Enjoy ;)