Sony XBR 55x810c starts at 6 seconds

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
maxmc87

Sony XBR 55x810c starts at 6 seconds

Post by maxmc87 »

Hey all,

I have been having an issue with my Sony XBR 55x810c. It will not seek when transcode with the SeekbyTime set to "true". I always have to set it to "exclusive" to even begin. When in that exclusive mode, it will play but will only start all videos from the 6 second mark and after. It seems as if the TV starts counting seconds while the video loads and buffers. Once in the video, if i try to rewind, it will only go as far back as 6 seconds.

Any ideas for this noob? I appreciate any and all help!

UPDATE: I added logs. ums_dbg is of the main issue with the seekbytime set to "exclusive". The first attempt was via transcoding which has the 6 second lag. The second attempt was playing without transcoding (no subtitles) and has zero lag.

ums_dbg true is with the seekbytime set to "true". The first attempt was via transcoding which plays (after an initial failure) but shows a total trunime of 0:04 for the video which wont allow me to seek (which I have to do when it loses audio/video sync). The second attempt was playing without transcoding (no subtitles) and has zero lag.
Attachments
ums_dbg true.zip
seekbytime set to true
(737.95 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
ums_dbg.zip
Seekbytime set to exclusive
(214.13 KiB) Downloaded 492 times
maxmc87

Re: Sony XBR 55x810c starts at 6 seconds

Post by maxmc87 »

Anybody have any suggestions?
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

The 6 second delay is normal for transcoding. Before the converted video is send to renderer the UMS is taking some time to buffer some of the transcoded video. You can try to add

Code: Select all

TranscodeFastStart = true
to your renderer conf to speed up the start.
maxmc87

Post by maxmc87 »

Thanks for the reply!!

I tried the fast start option you suggested and unfortunately it didn't make a difference. Interestingly enough, when I have the seekbytime option set to true, it starts at the very beginning of the video, even when transcoding (only problem is it will only show the video runtime as 4 seconds).

This problem started after an update by my TV last year (it didn't bother me as i rarely had to transcode, but i just got married and my wife needs Spanish subtitles for everything). The PS3 in another room works fine when transcoding. I wonder if it is just the TV. Or perhaps there is another setting that can be adjusted. I also tried DefaultVBVBufSize, HalveBitrate, and TranscodedVideoFileSize with no luck. As a work around, i tried to use the external sub settings to have the TV process the subtitles but I think I'm doing something wrong because it doesnt work.

Any other options/ideas? I really do appreciate the time.
maxmc87

Post by maxmc87 »

Other ideas? Has anybody else experienced this? Or the incorrect calculation of video run time (eg displays 0:04 instead of 22:25)? Thanks guys.
maxmc87

Re: Sony XBR 55x810c seek problem

Post by maxmc87 »

Hi all,

Is there any new advice out there?

When the TV is set to SeekByTime = Exclusive, the seek is great but the video won't start before 4 seconds into the video.
When the TV is set to SeekByTime = true, it starts at the correct time but i cannot seek because the TV thinks the video is 2 seconds long.

I just bought a new laptop and have the same issue. i wish i could buy a new tv but we have a newborn...so i have to think about the family :D :lol: :lol:

Thank you for your help!
maxmc87

Post by maxmc87 »

Any takers?
atamariya

Post by atamariya »

It does look like your TV adds up any delay as additional video duration. I can account for 2.5s as follows

Code: Select all

Sleeping for 2500 milliseconds
Still, 4-6s is little too much.

Try with ChunkedTransfer enabled in your renderer.conf.
ChunkedTransfer=true
maxmc87

Post by maxmc87 »

Thanks Atamariya!

That did serve to cut it down to about 4 seconds. I am attaching new logs.

Likewise, if i use the Seekbytime= true setting (which I would prefer to use), it starts from the beginning but only shows the video is like 3 seconds long. Maybe you can help from that angle? I attached a log with that scenario too. Thank you!
Attachments
ums_dbg_Seekbytime=exclusive.zip
(602.01 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
ums_dbg true.zip
(737.95 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
atamariya

Post by atamariya »

It's difficult to tell which file you were having problem with from the logs. One quick tip is - if the file is being transcoded ,e.g. there's subtitles, then the file is being generated on the fly and hence renderer doesn't have complete file information. Does it get stuck at 3s or keeps increasing as more information is made available to it?