LG WebOS 3.5

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
boss

Re: LG WebOS 3.5

Post by boss »

I tested with the following results

MP4 with SRT, ASS, TXT, SUB None would play.
AVI with SRT, ASS, TXT, SUB None would play.
MKV with SRT, ASS, TXT, SUB None would play.

I then tested your test file "tidemo1-24bit-rle_QDesign2.mov"
It would not play.
Went into the TRANSCODE folder and tested all the different transcoding methods and "no transcoding" and this file would not play.

Thank you.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@boss
So, perhaps now you will finally agree, as i suggested, that you have a trancoding issue ?

Do you have issue also with embedded/internal subtitles ?
I'll try to check at your log tomorrow.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi boss,
Yes it seems likely to me that there is a problem with transcoding in general, and that the SRT files just happen to cause transcoding to happen. Please test a couple of older versions; 6.5.3 and 6.6.0, since they had changes for that renderer. They can be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/unimed ... s/Windows/
If they don't work I have some other ideas to try too.
boss

Post by boss »

I'm running UMS with Linux but I have earlier versions still on my server. I will test with 6.4.1, 6.5.3 and 6.6.0 in a few hours when I am back home.
I will also test a video with embedded subtitles as requested by sami32.

Thanks
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi boss,

you can forget about embedded subtitles, they will not play, as your issue(s) have nothing specific to SubRip.

But, i'll appreciate an other trace log while trying to transcode the file that i sended you.

Thank you for your understanding.
boss

Post by boss »

@Sami32
I have already tested a video with embedded subtitles (embedded SRT subtitles with Handbrake) and they played fine.
Please let me know if you still want me to do a trace log with the file you posted.

@SubJunk
With V6.7.3 I think you might be correct when you said:
"Yes it seems likely to me that there is a problem with transcoding in general, and that the SRT files just happen to cause transcoding to happen"
If I go into the transcode folder for a video (without subtitles), it won't play with any form of transcoding but will play if I choose "No Transcoding".

Also tested other versions.
V6.4.1 - Won't play videos with external sub titles.
V6.5.3 - Plays and says {External Subtitles} after the video title but does not display the sub titles.
V6.6.0 - Plays and displays sub titles fine.

A bit more information. When the video with subtitles played in V6.6.0, it didn't use the LG-WebOS.conf renderer file according to the logs.
It used the LG-EG910V.conf file. Looking at the LG-EG910V.conf file: SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP
The LG-WebOS.conf file: SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = WEBVTT
So I changed the LG-WebOS.conf file in V6.7.3 to: SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = WEBVTT,SUBRIP
And it plays the videos with sub titles. But I suspect that it is not transcoding and the "SUBRIP" allows the TV to play the video with sub titles by streaming.
Because if I go into any of the TRANSCODE folders I cannot play any of the videos (with or without sub titles) with any of the transcoding methods.

Perhaps that is of some help.
PS. If I go into the TRANSCODING folder for a video with sub titles and choose "No Transcoding" it plays the videos with sub titles if I have:
SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = WEBVTT,SUBRIP
Edit: Stupid Me. After a bit more searching information, I found that SRT sub titles need the SUBRIP variable in the conf file.
So I guess we are down to why transcoding does not work?
Last edited by boss on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@boss That doesn't make any sens to me, at least not with only the renderer informations given, except that the LG-WebOS renderer configuration file work as expected ;)

Anyways, i cannot work more on that without any full trace log while you transcode "my" file, or with the other renderer. So, for now, i leave it to @SubJunk.
boss

Post by boss »

@Sami32

I have done the trace log with the file you linked to.
I am happy to do any tests you require.
Thanks
PS. That trace log (debug.zip) was done with my modified LG-WebOS.conf file.
I have now done another trace log (debugORIG.zip) with the default LG-WebOS.conf file.
Attachments
debugORIG.zip
(14.92 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
debug.zip
(196.89 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Could you tell me in which language are your subtitles that don't work ?
Eventuallg post your Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D S01E01 Pilot.srt file.
It seem that it doesn't automatically recognize correctly your subtitles files encoding (codepage), so you can try to set it correctly manually.
Go in transcoding settings, select the FFmpeg video engine, then select "Use fonts settings..." and unselect "Defer to MEncoder...".
Then select "Common Transcode Settings", select "Subtitles settings" sub tab, then "Specify True Type fonts" and choose the one you want.
And in the "Non-unicode subtitles encoding" choose the one corresponding to your external subtitles files.

Just a guess, as i never get your log with a UMS working version while you was transcoding this video...

Your FFmpeg version is not able to transcode it "my" file, i cannot knew it before because i use Windows only, and the builds are not the same, and your build doesn't support that codec.
So could you try to transcode this file and post the full trace log ?
Tanscoding_tests.7z
(4.9 MiB) Downloaded 485 times
Note: No transcoding at all into your debugORIG log, as you are using LGA6200 rendrer and that everything is streamed by force.
I always strongly suspected that you have changed the default name identification [LG] webOS TV to LG-webOSTV-1. Did you ? As i never saw that by default on any LG...
Last edited by Sami32 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
boss

Post by boss »

@Sami32
All my subtitles are in English.
I did change the name of the LG TV to "LG-webOSTV-1". But that is because I intend on buying more of these TV's and they all need different names on the network.
EG: "LG-webOSTV-1" "LG-webOSTV-2" "LG-webOSTV-3".

I have been able to get sub titles working fine now. In the renderer conf file I changed the line:
SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = WEBVTT
To
SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = WEBVTT,SUBRIP

Now that the sub titles are working, do you still want me to make the sub title changes you suggested to UMS.conf?
The 7z file you sent me has 3 files inside. Do you want me try all 3 files or just 1?

Thank you.