Samsung UN55F8000 H265

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
jmcease

Re: Samsung UN55F8000 H265

Post by jmcease »

I put the Samsung-notcd back and I was able to FF other videos. The original problematic video does play but no FF
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(102.61 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Well, you didn't followed the rules specified in red, so your logs are not useful to debug.
TRACE mode log only...

And what about the second renderer that i posted to you ?
Do the transcoding, without considering the FF/RW, work nicely with all of the 3 Samsung renderers ?

That's said, if we have checked at your renderer specifications first, we will already have the explanation !
http://certification.dlna.org/certs/REG47328173.pdf
http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id= ... samsung_tv

3 tricks should be possible, one of them is to install a renderer's modified firmware.

As a side note, you have a 32-bit Java version installed on your 64-bit OS, that will not solve the Samsung renderer's firmware weakness giving users a poor DLNA support though.

EDIT:
The Samsung TV has a option on its interface called "time search" where you can jump forward to a point in the movie.
You could try using the left/right buttons instead of RW/FF - it only jumps a small amount though. If a bigger jump is required, you should be able to use the Search function in the Tools menu (on the TV UI) to move to a particular point in time.
jmcease

Post by jmcease »

Good morning,
I upgraded to Java64 bit and installed the second renderer and get an error that the file selected is not supported.

You are correct what I was calling fast forward (right arrow function, I did mention this in a post yesterday) is to time lapse forward. That is the functionality lost on this video type that origionally would not play at all. It will play with you first renderer, but all videos will not time lapse forward, but all videos will time lapse forward except problematic video with the samsung-nocd renderer.

Do you want a trace for the other two renderers?

Are you saying there is a firmware that enables true FF/RW functionality on this TV?

My apologies for the confusion in terminology, I am technically adept, but not so much with this stuff.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(176.32 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Good afternoon,

Could you try these 4 renderers and give feedback on their play and searches FF/RW availibilities with direct streaming. Because as i already pointed you, your renderer is not able to FF/RW while transcoding.
Rename it to Samsung-F8000.conf and replace the precedent version before testing it.

1)
Samsung-F8000-1.conf
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
2)
Samsung-F8000-2.conf
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
3)
Samsung-F8000-3.conf
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
4)
I doesn't need logs, only your detailed feedback on their playing and FF/RW abilities in direct streaming mode.

One of the possibility to be able to FF/RW on Samsung, is to change the firmware, as explained here:
https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=Main_Page
https://forum.samygo.tv/
https://www.samygo.tv/
NOTE: I will suggest you to try it only after that the 2 others possibilities didn't worked or satisfied you, as if you was not carefull you could brick your TV, and then FF/RW with transcoded media will the last of your problems ;)

I will post you an other build to test for an other possibility, after your feedback return that i need for the next build.
Thank you for your understanding.
Last edited by Sami32 on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
jmcease

Post by jmcease »

All four renderers act the same way.
They will play the origional problematic video, but wont allow the right arrow function to work.
Any other video type will play and allow the right arrow function to work as expected.

I am running the build you provided and I am running the 64bit version of Java.

I am not sure I would take the plunge and modify the firmware of my TV. Super risky, and I dont know enough about it. From what I have read my TV would not work as I am running a new firmware version from Samsung. I also cant tell what functionality it would add as this information seems to be hidden unless you pay. It would be nice to know what functionality would be added, but still a huge risk if things go badly which they very easily can.

I think I am are running out of options. I appreciate your help on this !!!! Much appreciated.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Thanks, but i think perhaps we have misunderstood each other ?

While playing a video that is natively supported by your renderer, WITHOUT NO TRANSCODING, do the video play and FF/RW correctly with the 4 renderers that i posted above ?

Because from what i think i understood, you was saying that they all transcoded correctly but FF/RW was not available while transcoding.
Is that correct ?
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

As before, this build will need a clean install:
https://we.tl/uoHIkx1xLB

These renderer's configuration files will need to be renamed to Samsung-F8000.conf and replace the "original" one.

1)
Samsung-F8000-m1.conf
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
2)
Samsung-F8000-m2.conf
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
3)
Samsung-F8000-m3.conf
(3.47 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
Not that i think that it will do the trick, but trying using an UPnP only format will not hurt, let's see what will happen: Play fine ? transcode fine ? FF/RW under direct streaming ? FF/RW under transcoding streaming ?

As i didn't really understood you, take in consideration the fact that i'm not an english native speaker, these renderers could be not adequat for your renderer...
jmcease

Post by jmcease »

none of the new renderers would play the video that I first mentioned.
How can I tell in the interface if the video is being transcoded? I dont see anything in the log which indicates this. It just says playing. I did notice with the new renderers mkv files that would play would not allow the Right Arrow function.

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate you trying to help me with this. I am very new to this, but really like UMS.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Sorry, i don't understand what you are saying as well, that doesn't make things easy...so i cannot help you.

Please, post a new log with the latest build and renderer posted, while playing your problematic video.

From your TV browsing, go into your #--TRANSCODE--# folder and select a folder for one video of your choice, that you will use for all the tests. So choose a video that will also work while using [No transcoding].
Then select [No transcoding] and report what's happen.
Then select [FFmpeg] and report what's happen.

Do a report for all the 7 renderers posted, as following:

1)
[No transcoding] ==> Play fine - FF/RW fine
[FFmpeg] ==> Transcode fine - no FF/RW

2) ...
3) ...
4) ...
m1) ...
m2) ...
m3) ...