External HDD not found

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Carlos2017

External HDD not found

Post by Carlos2017 »

Hi,
this is a newcomer, mother tongue German which means that I do not know all those technical terms, so please bear with me.
So far I have always placed my Laptop next to the TV (Philips 42PFL 7656K/P2) in order to connect with HDMI cable.
Only today I found something which made me think.
So I have installed UMS on my Lenovo V320.
Much to my surprise everything seems to be fine.
There is the entry on my TV and I indeed can watch videos on TV without moving the computer.
Great program.
But the problem is that most of my video collection is on a separate HDD (WD My Passport Ultra).
Going through the list displayed by UMS on the TV screen I see "Last played" , C: [Windows] and D [Lenovo...]. To find my the videos in my file "Videos" on the Lenovo Laptop was no problem but I have not been able to find the external HDD.
I virtually went through the complete lists but found no hint.
Anybody out there who is able to assist?
It would be highly appreciated!
While on the subject: In order to go to Videos (V...) I had to go line by line from A to V, lots of entries. A lot of clicks. OK, I mentioned the possibility "Last seen", so it would be a lot easier next time. But still, a solution for a shortcut?
Thank you!
Regards
Carlos2017
valib
Developer

Re: External HDD not found

Post by valib »

You have to set the shared folders at the Navigation/Share Settings tab. If your external HDD is connected to your Lenovo you should be able to set it. To avoid browsing a lot of files in one folder I recommend to make a sub folders A to Z and reorganize your videos by name.
Carlos2017

Re: External HDD not found

Post by Carlos2017 »

Hi,
thank you so much, great advice!
Regards
Carlos2017