Movian (PS3 CFW media player)

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
mik_s

Movian (PS3 CFW media player)

Post by mik_s »

has anyone had any experience using UMS to stream to Movian which is a media player available on PS3 with custom firmware.
it can play just about anything you can throw at it but one of the downsides is that the cpu in the PS3 is too slow to decode some media in real time, like HEVC H265 which means it will have to transcoded first.

i have been trying to write a config file to support this but has anyone already have one?
there was one on the movian forums but it is out of date and was basically the default PS3 one.

when writing a config file, can you set up negative matches for supported Formats? as the list of supported formats is large and i'm not sure how to add them all to the config file correctly. can you tell it what format to transcode and stream the rest instead of telling what it can stream and transcode everything else?

also i am unable to FF in transcoded videos as it shows time as 0:00:00 and restarts when you try. this is maybe a thing with movian though but has anyone solved this from UMS?
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
valib
Developer

Re: Movian (PS3 CFW media player)

Post by valib »

The logic is simple. Supported formats means the list of realy supported formats by renderer. All renderers have their own capability for video and audio formats in containers like AVI, MKV, MP4 and so on. Info about supported formats is usually written in the renderers manuals. In your case when the format H265 is not supported it should not be in the supported lines and media with that format will be transcoded. The negative logic is not implemented in the UMS.