2018 Samsung Q7 TV Audio Not Transcoding

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
ferrarif1355

2018 Samsung Q7 TV Audio Not Transcoding

Post by ferrarif1355 »

Hi,
Does anyone have an updated CONFIG file for the S2018 Samsung Q7 series tv? UMS is using the Samsung-NotCD.conf file and it wont play audio on MKV files that are DTS nor avi files that are XVID. It is not trascoding the DTS audio to AC3.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
UMS screen.png
UMS screen.png (441.53 KiB) Viewed 13455 times
korbz

Re: 2018 Samsung Q7 TV Audio Not Transcoding

Post by korbz »

Did you ever get a new conf file mate?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

We have configs for Q6 and Q9 series, can you try forcing detection of one of those to see how it works? You can do that near the bottom of the General Configuration tab by selecting the default renderer, then ticking "force"
korbz

Post by korbz »

Yeah, I gave them a go and no dice (e.g. samsung-notcd works for most videos, but not all like my other older samsung tvs). The files that don't work are avi but not sure on how they're coded or what to look for - happy to research how to identify so I can let you know (if you have a link on what file to use or how to identify know audio/video sampling etc. but not much more indepth).
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

What does "no dice" mean? They don't connect at all? If you post TRACE logs and let us know which files work and which break, I should be able to make a new config for your TV
korbz

Post by korbz »

Sorry mate, no dice means that it doesn't work (colloquialism meaning unfavourable outcome). I get the message "file type not supported" when trying to play. I think I've done the trace log right, apologies if I haven't. I found one avi file that would work, but the majority won't (file type error). Other file types seem to be fine.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(863.01 KiB) Downloaded 529 times
madman555

Post by madman555 »

If you want to see how the files are encoded, open then in VLC Player and then go to Window -> Media Information and check out the codecs. The Q6 config that's included in the latest version of UMS was submitted by me.

For the DTS MKV files, are the files playing but without sound? Or are you getting an error message?
shurr

Post by shurr »

bump, I see no transcode profile for q7 series in 9.2.0. and have problems with avis. Happy to profide codec info of what does/doesn't work etc if wanted