Panasonic DP-UB820 support

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
alexbond

Panasonic DP-UB820 support

Post by alexbond »

Hi,

Looks like there is no currently a dedicated renderer file for Panasonic DP-UB820 player, as it's being detected by UMC as Panasonic-Viera.
I'd be willing to create and share one, but can someone point me to any documentation on how to create one given the documented list of files/codecs? Or, there has to be trial/error path like trying to play a video of a certain format and looks at the logs to make sure the supported format is a pass-through and unsupported is demuxed/decoded etc.? Sorry, I know it'a newbie question....

Many movies are still playing nice with the default configuration for the player but some are not. E.g. I could not play an .m4v (file is ok and plays via VLC Player just fine) file where player would start playback with hiccups like every ~4-5 seconds and then stall shortly after in ~30 seconds from start (the move is over 1 hour long.). I attached a trace log file - can anybody give an advice on what needs to be tweaked?

Thank you!
Attachments
debug.log.zip
(445.87 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
atamariya

Re: Panasonic DP-UB820 support

Post by atamariya »

For documentation, start here https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... figuration. Also there's lot of in-code documentation in ums/src/main/external-resources/renderers/DefaultRenderer.conf . Look at the section "SUPPORTED MEDIA FORMATS"