UMS on Samsung UHD LED TV

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Whyexes

UMS on Samsung UHD LED TV

Post by Whyexes »

My TV: https://www.samsclub.com/sams/samsung-4 ... 2464494.ip

Ive used UMS through my PS4 just fine, but I cannot seem to get it to work with my new TV. I have tried a couple different Samsung-UHD.conf files that are uploaded on here, but nothing has worked. Ive also attached the current one Ive attempted using.

Its my understanding I dont need to transcode this particular file, but I also tried going into the transcode folder and playing it from there, which told me to check my internet connection (or didnt work and spit out a generic error message). So Im at a loss of what to do.
Attachments
Samsung-UHD.conf
(4.2 KiB) Downloaded 771 times
ums_dbg.zip
(870.5 KiB) Downloaded 541 times
madman555

Re: UMS on Samsung UHD LED TV

Post by madman555 »

I have a 2018 Samsung Q6 series TV. It's able to play x264 and x265 without transcoding. However, if the audio is DTS, then UMS will need to transcode as Samsung removed DTS support in 2018. Like you said, the error messages you're getting from your TV are generic and useless. One way to tell if it needs to decode or not is if you highlight the file, the type will either be MKV or MPEG. If it doesn't need to be transcoded, it'll say MKV. If it does, it'll say MPEG.
Whyexes

Post by Whyexes »

madman555 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:00 am I have a 2018 Samsung Q6 series TV. It's able to play x264 and x265 without transcoding. However, if the audio is DTS, then UMS will need to transcode as Samsung removed DTS support in 2018. Like you said, the error messages you're getting from your TV are generic and useless. One way to tell if it needs to decode or not is if you highlight the file, the type will either be MKV or MPEG. If it doesn't need to be transcoded, it'll say MKV. If it does, it'll say MPEG.
I think the audio is DTS. But opening the videos from the transcode folder don't seem to work, either.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

@Whyexes please test the attached conf based on the Samsung 8 series.conf
Samsung-6series.conf
(4.24 KiB) Downloaded 1177 times
madman555

Post by madman555 »

valib wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:09 pm @Whyexes please test the attached conf based on the Samsung 8 series.conf
Samsung-6series.conf
I'm not sure that config is going to work as it includes DTS support. The latest version of UMS includes the config I submitted for the Samsung Q6 Series. If the config for valib doesn't work, try the Q6 one.

EDIT: I am assuming you have a 2018 Samsung as you said new TV. I believe DTS was supported on prior versions.
Attachments
Samsung-Q6series.conf
(4.15 KiB) Downloaded 927 times