Vlc Engine problems

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
fatmexican

Vlc Engine problems

Post by fatmexican »

Hi all, reading on the forum i found the way to add the vlc path to ums. Now ums find vlc but give to me an error "This engine is not loaded! Insufficient permission to execute "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC" for transcoding engine VLC Video."
I also tried to execute ums as admin bot nothing happens.
Could you help me please?
I've a pc desktop Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
Thanks in advance,
Mirko
boss

Re: Vlc Engine problems

Post by boss »

Does the path include the file name?
From memory that error shows when you list the path to the directory but don't include the file name.
fatmexican

Post by fatmexican »

Hey man! It worked! With your help I fixed the problem! Thanks a lot!
faisal144

Post by faisal144 »

I registered an Account just to thank you for this post!! Many Many Thanks - :D :D

First of all, let me start off by saying "How much I love UMS" -- absolutely incredible... WoooHoooo..
Eat Sh*t PLEX!!

Secondly, you need to specify vlc.exe in the vlc_path section of the configuration file.
I am listing the steps in case someone needs it:

STEP-1: Open the "Edit UMS Configuration file manually" umder "General Settings" in UMS: (Marked in Red)

STEP-2: Specify the full path including the vlc.exe in the vlc_path = section: (Marked in Red)

That's it & you are done!!
Thanks again for the Brilliant UMS!!
ACiid

Post by ACiid »

Thanks a bunch Faisal144 for those screenshots. It helped me with something ive struggled with for weeks and no matter how much ive googled around, I could not find a fix.
about 3 weeks ago my Samsung QE55Q70RATXXC suddenly started to refuse transcoding anything at all. direct streaming only works on about half of my MKV files, while the other half (x264 mostly) tells me the the audio codec is not supported.

Normally I would just transcode then and pretty much every option in UMS would work, but not anymore. I would constantly get 2 errors: "check network connection" and "an error has occured"

Specifying a path to VLC in the UMS config makes it so I can now at least use the VLC option for transcoding.

Im so glad I decided to visit threads that wasnt really in the same realm as the problems I were having.
faisal144

Post by faisal144 »

:D :D