Yet another Samsung 4K LED UHD problem...

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
}{yBr!D^

Yet another Samsung 4K LED UHD problem...

Post by }{yBr!D^ »

I have a Samsung 60" LED UHD 4K TV (Model# UN60JU7090). In the past where I have reformatted my PC using WIn10 I was able to watch any sort of format/container on it. We've owned this TV since 2015 and had minor issues with UMS which I have been able to sort things out (and some loss of hair). Right now, I built a new rig and have been having issues with certain MKV's. I've read here and there that this can be the cause due to DTS audio or subtitles. I hardcode the movies/tv shows I download because in the past I've had issues with UMS not recognizing subtitle vs the video being played. So, hardcoding them in was better IMO so my wife can understand what's going on. The subtitles would be in SRT format and would use MKVToolNix to hardcode them in. Usually, I don't notice DTS being available in the files when I open them to hardcode and I don't normally download DTS variants because it's a bigger file and the quality is not needed in my house. (we watch things rather low because our daughters are sleeping...) I am attaching the log to see if y'all can help me out some. I didn't see any errors when I did the trace log but the two Ant-Man movies I tried to play showed an error on the TV that it couldn't be played and in the log, it showed nothing of it stopping. The Fantastic Beast's movie played fine, I stopped it once I got an image. Thank you in advance and pardon me for the hassle.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(118.62 KiB) Downloaded 436 times
}{yBr!D^

Re: Yet another Samsung 4K LED UHD problem...

Post by }{yBr!D^ »

nm, I figured out my problem. In the Transcoding Settings tab>Common Transcoding Settings>Misc settings>Skip transcoding for the following extensions (comma separated): I added MKV to that field and every MKV worked without any issues.