Samsung Q7 2018 UHD 4k stutters

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Vegeta

Samsung Q7 2018 UHD 4k stutters

Post by Vegeta »

Hi guys!

Config
I'm new to streaming to my TV, its a Samsung Q7 2018 65 inch. The TV is connected through cat5e cable and there are 2x 5-port Gigabit switches in my network from my PC to TV. Maybe worth mentioning.
Switches and cables are all qualified for a 1gbps lan network. My TV is connected to a Sony Home Theatre set (2.1 is connected atm but its a 5.1 system) with a optical audio cable.

Renders?
I've read a lot on this forum about different rendering files but i'm a bit lost which one to use. I'm reading that its best that each configuration got its own personal config file?
So im hoping that somebody can help me achieve this!

Issue
At the moment i'm having no trouble at all to stream 1080p media. Its flawless and nice. The trouble starts when i try to stream UHD 4K media. In this example i'm trying to stream The Matrix (metainfo added) with 2 different custom renders added in my UMS renderers folder, named Samsung-UHD and Samsung-NotCD. When the video is played on my TV everything works fine until somebody speaks! So a action scene looks great but when Neo talks the video stutters! Tried different audiotracks but it makes no difference. Something with audio transcoding or is my TV not accepting 7.1 or some weird audio codec? Im clueless!

I've added a full trace debug log file. I noticed that only Samsung-NoteCD is available in the debug zip. That properly means only this render is used?

In addition can somebody tell me which metainfo (videocodec/audiocodec/x264/x265/10bit/8bit) is the best when looking for 4K media? There is a lot but i dont know whats important! Also added my TV manual where you can see whats supported by my TV. This is how i found out that DTS isnt supported! Page 154
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/conte ... 1205.0.pdf
Attachments
Samsung-NotCD.conf
(3.07 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
Matrix metainfo.txt
(12.35 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
ums_dbg.zip
(82.5 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
valib
Developer

Re: Samsung Q7 2018 UHD 4k stutters

Post by valib »

Try to use Samsung Q6 or Samsung Q9 series conf.
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

The Q6 and Q9 config files are both worse. With Q9 config forced in UMS the Matrix is buffering a lot and i get the message "unable to connect to the internet" on my TV.
I already found out that some configs do that.

Has somebody an idea?
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Please try to set "Use automatic maximum bitrate bandwidth" to check which is the maximal bitrate the TV is capable to use and send the log.
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

Did need to change the render to Samsung LED UHD otherwhise the video didn't play (with the C9 config)
I still want to remind you that the video is playing just fine until someone speaks! So i still think its audio related? But im certainly no expert...

Thanks for your time and afford so far btw!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(111.04 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
nameless.png
nameless.png (11.22 KiB) Viewed 12952 times
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Try to replace all occurrencies of the

Code: Select all

m:video/x-matroska
to

Code: Select all

m:video/x-mkv
in your Samsung-UHD.conf
This MIME seems to be supported by your TV for MKV files.
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

Did what you asked, but still no luck. Still the same problem exists.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(82.22 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
atamariya

Post by atamariya »

Though not a solution, here's what I gather from the logs:
- There's no transcoding. So that rules out transcoding related issues.
- TV is making byte range requests (0- , 141-, 4156- etc.) continuously and killing off each request without receiving the complete stream. This might also be because of seeking by the user.
- The default soundtrack is TrueHD 7.1 and the others are AC3 5.1 and AC3 stereo.

Are you able to play the movie without issues when directly connected via USB?
Vegeta

Post by Vegeta »

Though not a solution, here's what I gather from the logs:
- There's no transcoding. So that rules out transcoding related issues.
True

- TV is making byte range requests (0- , 141-, 4156- etc.) continuously and killing off each request without receiving the complete stream. This might also be because of seeking by the user.
I was seeking for around 10 min. This is were Neo starts talking.

- The default soundtrack is TrueHD 7.1 and the others are AC3 5.1 and AC3 stereo.
This is what i tought. 7.1 is to much for my setup? But it doesnt mather if i switch the audio tracks.

Are you able to play the movie without issues when directly connected via USB?
No i'm not! Exactly the same problem. Should checked this before opening a topic! Im giving up on this particular file.

Thank you all for your input