Samsung Soundbar MS 650

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
ancalimon

Samsung Soundbar MS 650

Post by ancalimon »

Is it possible to write a renderer for this device?

It uses a the renderer Samsung-CD.conf

I can see that there is a renderer for Samsung Soundbar MS 750. Maybe I can write a new one using that as a basis. Can someone help me?

I tried creating one for ms650 by modifying the one for ms750 by changing this line:

UserAgentSearch = Samsung Soundbar MS750

into reported name of device:

UserAgentSearch = [AV] Samsung Soundbar MS650

But it did not work.
mik_s

Re: Samsung Soundbar MS 650

Post by mik_s »

Using the the conf for the MS750 is a good start, it probably will have the same capabilities. If the reported UserAgentSearch is "[AV] Samsung Soundbar MS650", I would change that line in the config to just

Code: Select all

UserAgentSearch = Samsung Soundbar MS650
also that config has a loading priority so that it overides the default Samsung-CD.conf, if UMS can can match the user agent correctly it will use that one.

We will need logs though to help any more if that doesn't work.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
ancalimon

Post by ancalimon »

ums_dbg.zip
Here is the tracelogs for Samsung MS650
(149.55 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
I have attached the logs as told.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Did you try making a conf? I don't see any config for the MS650 getting loaded.
If you are basing it in the MS750 conf, copy that and rename to Samsung-Soundbar-MS650.conf,
then change the RendererName to match and make sure it is detected by making sure the UserAgentSearch is correct
the important part to look for is

DEBUG 2020-04-18 17:06:18.396 [cling-9] net.pms.network.UPNPHelper New renderer found: "[AV] Samsung Soundbar MS650" with dlna details: {friendlyName=[AV] Samsung Soundbar MS650, address=192.168.1.5, udn=uuid:af66011d-0edf-4c87-810d-dcee1965f55b, manufacturer=Samsung Electronics, modelName=HW-MS650, modelNumber=AllShare1.0, modelDescription=Samsung SOUNDBAR DMR, manufacturerURL=http://www.samsung.com/sec, modelURL=http://www.samsung.com/sec}
using

UserAgentSearch = Samsung Soundbar MS650
should work
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
ancalimon

Post by ancalimon »

It still loads the Samsung-NotCD.conf file even after creating the attached
Samsung-Soundbar-MS650.conf
(975 Bytes) Downloaded 456 times
file and putting it inside C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\renderers
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Try setting the priority to 2, and do some more trace logs
ancalimon

Post by ancalimon »

I have attached the new tracelogs after setting the priority of the config file to 2.
ums_dbg.zip
(48.37 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Looks like it is still matching the Samsung-NotCD.config, but I do see that your config is getting loaded at startup. Could you post your config as since it wasn't used it wasn't included in the zip file.
ancalimon

Post by ancalimon »

Is it this file?
UMS.conf
(59.6 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
If you are talking about MS650 config file, it is a few posts above. The only thing I changed is changing priority from 1 to 2.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

Sorry forgot that you already posted it :oops:
I don't see why it is not matching it, even if something else had a higher priority, setting it to 2 should make it take over.

Try setting UserAgentSearch to just MS650 see if that does anything