Starting a project - Various failures due probably to renderers configs

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Trebly

Starting a project - Various failures due probably to renderers configs

Post by Trebly »

Hello,

I am currently looking to set up a project [/ b] that is perhaps impossible in the state of development of the various tools.
I explain in a few words because I think that to know the context can help to understand my problems.
I'm not a pro but I'm editing video and photo at a time for family documents, but also in more serious of frameworks.

The volume of media leads me in first step to use simple tools particularly to view the images and video on my internal network using viewers directly connected to disks.

The projet is to Install a multimedia distribution local network for video, photo and sound using a server and UPnP renderers DLNA all with open tools. [/ B]

I begin using UMS and VLC and default renderers on some other equipments.

The network is Ethernet 1Gb (and wifi part for renderers) served by Freebox Revolution with 20TB disk (this volume depends on many data archiving)
A machine with a Core_i7 6700K and 32GB of memory holds the server role (in addition to his many other tasks)

Renderers are (current project):
  • - VLC - Windows on multiple computers
  • - VLC - Android on Amazon stick logged on téléviseur hdmi
  • - Android VLC on tablets and smartphones
  • - Player FreeBox
  • - Samsung Smart Hub

The media are accessible and served by:
  • - part directly over the network (various access)
  • - via UMS (Universal Media Server) with local and external stream access

Very quickly the difficulties has been accumulating,
  • - related to my knowledge tools
  • - related to setting problems
  • - related to technical limitations of the tools

Today after a while of test (10days) I begin to manipulate and I have, I think understood all the principles and parameters. There are the renderers configuration which create the difficulties.

The test are performed with a group of directories containing various quantities of photo (jpg format 5472 x 3648) near 6000 items and some video using .MOV format (1920x1080).

For test I first connect :
  • 1- The TV : Samsung smart TV type : UE40F6600 (ethernet)
  • 2- On the TV The Amazon Fire TV (on HDMI) with VLC for fire TV (wifi)
  • 3- Connected to TV the FreeBox Player Revolution
  • 4- A Win10 computer (wifi) using VLC Desktop

After start
The config found (without changing anything in conf files) associated are :
  • 1- Samsung-CD.conf
  • 2- Google-Android.conf
  • 3- Free-Freebox.cond (in trace Free-Freebox-b.conf identical)
  • 4- VLC-for-desktop

Results
1- On TV Smart Hub :
  • - Photo :"DEBUG 2020-04-30 09:18:33.206 [HTTPv2 Request Worker 13] Setting bookmark for K:\M_cur\EOS70D-Cumul\SDCard02-SDHC_E_01\EOS70D-upd-c00218-SD02_32\Photo\IMG_7799.JPG => 0" well displayed (long time to get the icons).
  • - Video MOV converted to TS = OK = Well displayed

2- On the Amazon Fire TV (on HDMI of TV) : note : in this configuration we have a "VLC for fire TV" behind (as application of) the Amazon fire TV
  • - Photo Good display of the directory and icons : unable to display the full image : 1- vlc icon waiter (2s.) 2- then spinner (5s) 3- return to the start of the folder of icons.
  • - Video : non valid transcod other format failed

3- Freebox Player (revolution)
  • - Photo : display "no photo found"
  • - Video : Transcode MOV to TS ok

4- On the computer using VLC on win10 (connected by wifi)
- Reach the Server and display the list of elements : unable to display the object the repeated error is :
  • Photo :

Code: Select all

"Votre média d'entrée ne peut être ouvert: VLC ne peut pas ouvrir « http://192.168.1.18:5001/get/86/JPEG_RES5472x3648_IMG_7799.JPG ». 
    Vérifier les messages du journal pour plus de détails."
    The details are :

Code: Select all

DEBUG 2020-04-30 09:00:12.397 [Library Scanner] Final verdict: "IMG_7799.JPG" will be streamed because no compatible player was found
  • Video : Same error
Note : During test I have tested changes in conf for extend capabilities of the new components, I discover that if a *.conf has been modified or added it his not the UMS soft which must be restarted (close and re-open) but the computer to take the changes in account. Testing conf files is a very long process

Thank you for your comments

Best regards

Trebly
Attachments
ums_dbg-c00430-4.zip
(148.35 KiB) Downloaded 366 times