Sharp Aquos Locking Up

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
wgilster

Sharp Aquos Locking Up

Post by wgilster »

UMS is locking up my Sharp Aquos when attempting to play all ISOs. I've built the following renderer.conf which was based off of the existing SharpAquos.conf that is bundled with UMS. There were a few changes from the existing one since it's user agent was 1.1W and mine was 2.0W. I've built the file based upon the the manual that came with my TV:
http://files.sharpusa.com/Downloads/For ... llline.pdf

I'd be glad to go through whatever it takes to get this running, just let me know where to go next. After I get this working, I'll see if I can port my WMC plugin from PMS to UMS as a thank you to the community. It's nothing fancy, but it just enables a richer DLNA browsing experience based on assets built by Windows Media Center.

Code: Select all

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Profile for Sharp Aquos TVs.
# See PS3.conf for a description of all possible configuration options.
#

RendererName = Sharp Aquos 2.0
RendererIcon = sharpaquos.png

# ============================================================================
# Sharp Aquos uses the following string:
#
# User-Agent: DLNADOC/1.50 SHARP-AQUOS-DMP/2.0W
# ============================================================================
#
UserAgentSearch = SHARP-AQUOS-DMP/2.0W

Video = true
Audio = true
Image = true

MediaInfo = true
CreateDLNATreeFaster = true
MaxVideoWidth = 1920
MaxVideoHeight = 1080
H264Level41Limited = true
TranscodeExtensions =
StreamExtensions =

# The following information was obtained from page 36 of the manual from:
# http://files.sharpusa.com/Downloads/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTVs/Manuals/tel_man_2013_fullline.pdf
# [Supported video formats]:
Supported = f:avi             v:divx|h264|mp4|mjpeg   a:mp3|ac3|lpcm|dts       m:video/x-divx
Supported = f:mkv             v:divx|h264|mp4         a:mp3|ac3|lpcm|dts       m:video/x-matroska
Supported = f:wmv             v:divx|mp4|vc1|wmv      a:mp3|ac3|lpcm|wma       m:video/x-ms-wmv
Supported = f:mov             v:h264|mp4|mjpeg        a:mp3|ac3|aac            m:video/mp4
Supported = f:mpegps          v:mpeg2|mpeg1           a:ac3|mpa|lpcm           m:video/mpeg

# [Supported audio formats]:
Supported = f:mp3   m:audio/mpeg

# [Supported image formats]
Supported = f:jpg   m:image/jpeg

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
wgilster

Re: Sharp Aquos Locking Up

Post by wgilster »

Uploaded logs and conf in zip. I've changed the configuration to force it to encode and that seems to keep me from having to unplug the TV every time I test, but now it just says "Unable to playback file". I've tried to compare the difference between logs from a successful transcode on my Sony Bravia(KDL60EX700), and an unsuccessful one on my Sharp Aquos(LC70C6500U) and they are almost identical other than the [StartPlaying Event] being fired at a different times. I doubt that is important though. It really seems that mencoder just isn't sending anything that the Sharp can interpret. So unless anyone has any better ideas, I thought I might try some older versions of Mencoder. I've seen a post of the same problem(http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/vie ... arp#p81358) on the PMS forums and older versions of Mencoder worked.
Attachments
sharp2.0_dbg.zip
Trace debug
(36.3 KiB) Downloaded 614 times
wgilster

Post by wgilster »

Well, that didn't work. I tried the older half of SubJunk's Mencoder builds (1,5,10,12,14,17,25). I could hardly get anything out of the UMS logs, only that the streaming stops prematurely, which is probably indicative of every format streaming problem on the planet. I didn't have many ideas, and I've exhausted the few I had rather quickly.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Are there any renderer configurations that work on your Sharp TV? You can use the "Select renderers" and "Default renderer" settings to make UMS use different renderer configs with your Sharp TV, then if you can find one that works we can try to merge them.
wgilster

Post by wgilster »

I've tried the Bravia one, the Sharp one, Sony Blu ray one, the PS3 one, a "transcoding only" one and I've tried many combinations of my own "Sharp 2.0" version with no luck. Do you have any suggestions?
Cataclysmm

Post by Cataclysmm »

I'm having same issue with Aquos LE657U, Im trying different things to see if I can get it to work. TV streams from windows fine, but there's no FF/RW/Pause. TV locks up and you have to use manual power to turn it off and back on. If I get a config working I'll post it.
EduardoP8a

Post by EduardoP8a »

Hello, I'm having the same issue with a lc-60le650u, did you find a solution?