Roku support

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
devilboy95

Re: Roku support

Post by devilboy95 »

Don't want to beat a dead horse, any chance y'all are still working on getting UMS to play nice with the Roku 3?
Dark-Knight

Post by Dark-Knight »

I have found a way to get the Roku v3 player to work with UMS. I wil! post confugs if this has not already been resolved. I have a Roku N1100 with version 3.1 firmware and the Roku media player chanel app. I have not tested this with newer models but i am pretty sure it will work and it is faitly simple to do. If this has been resolved sorry for the post.
Ironclad17

Post by Ironclad17 »

Has anyone worked out a configuration for Roku Media Player for the old Roku 2 model 2720? I'm having the same issue. UMS is being detected, I can browse the files, and even the thumbnails are displaying but it will not play. It just hangs at retrieving for Roku Media Player. No issues with other media servers either.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(45.37 KiB) Downloaded 1293 times
tmk

Re: Roku 4 Support

Post by tmk »

Just purchased a Roku 4 "thinking" I would be good to go with a little tweaking one of the Roku 3x confs on v5.5.

No Joy. Able to get the Roku 4 recognized (Roku/4400X) and can browse directories and even see both "cover" images and an image captured from the video. However, that's it, just sits at "retrieving..." and then UMS seem to crash - Roku says it looses connection and the log simply shows "stopped playing". I see both my nic and the hdd working to deliver the video, so something is happening.

For full disclosure, my Sony Bravia works a treat.

Attachments:
Roku 4 config attached (based off of Roku3-5)
Logs for transcoded (I think, because it was at the root of the folder) and non-transcoded (I think, because it was under the "transcode" folder and Roku stated "no transcoding") video tests attached.

Thoughts?
Attachments
Roku-Roku4.conf
(1.55 KiB) Downloaded 1174 times
debug_no_transcode.log
(41.86 KiB) Downloaded 1029 times
debug_transcode.log
(36.45 KiB) Downloaded 1029 times
Server Platform: Linux Xubuntu 14.04 (LTS)
Renderer: Sony Bravia KDL-40W5100
da_dragon2k3

Post by da_dragon2k3 »

Bumping this older thread. Could not get UMS to work with my new roku 4. Ended up using plex.... While it does work, it cripples my i5. Comparatively, UMS could transcode the same job with a fraction of the cpu cycles being used. Can't wait to use UMS again!
Aldur

Post by Aldur »

The latest UMS (6.5.3) still seems to fail to stream to a Roku. At least it doesn't work for me. I have TVersity and Serviio running on the same network and they're able to serve and transcode to a Roku. I have a Roku 3 and I'm thinking about getting a Roku Ultra. Is there any testing / troubleshooting that I could to that would help progress with UMS?

- Aldur
Aldur

Post by Aldur »

I added Plex to my network as well. So now I can test with TVersity, Serviio, and Plex if any of that is helpful.

- Aldur
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi Aldur,

In fact yes, if you feel courageous and motivated you can take a Wireshark session with UMS and one with an other media server that work correctly.

Wireshark:
https://www.wireshark.org/

Easy Wireshark use tips:
https://www.howtogeek.com/104278/how-to ... t-packets/

Somes more tips:
In Wireshark capturing 'All' with this display filter worked for me (ip.src is your PC address, ip.dst is your TV address, tcp.port is the descriptor port):

Code: Select all

(ip.src==192.168.1.7 && ip.dst==192.168.1.5)
You can find your PC address in the "Force networking on interface" under the "General configuration" tab.
You can find your renderer address while clicking on your renderer icon in the "Status" tab.
Of course all these informations can also be find in your debug.log file.

After that, you can post your .pcapng file here ;)

P.S.
If you are able to find your renderer port in your log (search for ROKU), you can also use the following command line:

Code: Select all

(ip.src==192.168.1.28 and ip.dst==192.168.1.69 and tcp.port==55000)
KerBock

Post by KerBock »

What Worked for me :

under transcoding settings tab, Enable tsMuxeR as a transcoding engine.( *Video Files Engines)

Best,

KerBock
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Do you get issue only while videos transcoding ? I mean audio files or well supported videos are played fine, right ?

If any ROKU users could try these 2 UMS build and report their transcoding feedback (playing anything with subtitle will make it happen), it'll be nice:
https://we.tl/Hdzlk9AhCS

Backup your original ums.jar and add that one in your UMS program folder, and run UMS normally.