Sagemcom RT-I95

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
djbarney

Sagemcom RT-I95

Post by djbarney »

Be sure to share your working results on the Alternative Media Renderers forum.
( http://www.universalmediaserver.com/faq ... erSupport1 )

I followed the guide. Well it's working, as in video's play. However the aspect is wrong for all the transcoders apart from mencoder. Video's appear "zoomed in".

There is a problem sometimes with a "ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" error. I fixed that by resetting the cache and then fully exiting UMS and restarting from the command line. However the error eventually comes back.

Mencoder letter boxes my video nicely (all converted from DVD using Handbrake, Android preset). But when I try and seek the Sagemcom box freezes. UMS does not give an error. I suspect the Sagemcom renderer may be rather basic, or I need some seek settings added to the conf file. Any other help or suggestions would be appreciated 8-)
Attachments
debug.log
(48 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
UMS_WORKING_DO_NOT_CHANGE.conf
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
SagemcomRT-I95_WORKING_DO_NOT_CHANGE.conf
(23.88 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
djbarney

Re: Sagemcom RT-I95

Post by djbarney »

Hi, I returned to trying to setup this device.

I am still having trouble with seeking although that may improve once I've defined file types as this device should support mp4/m4v directly.

What is more mysterious is the problem I never fixed 3 years ago. Handbrake cuts off any black borders around film titles extracted from DVD. My DLNA device knows nothing of this and so stretches everything along the vertical. I've tried changing the setting of both "KeepAspectRatio" and "KeepAspectRatioTranscoding" but nothing ever changes. Still stretched. What am I missing here ? For a start I don't understand why there are these two very similar options that seem to do the same thing.

Should I be able to get the black borders added ? Or is this a bug ? Please note I did restart the server after changing the settings.
Attachments
Sagemcom-RT195-500.conf
(35.74 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi djbarney,

well, i suspect that no help will be given with UMS 3.4.0 version, so you should consider test the 6.7.4 version, with FFmpeg and MEncoder video engines, and post a new trace log if your issue is still there.
djbarney

Post by djbarney »

Hi, I'm using 6.7.4.

Here are the trace logs.

I've tried those two settings ( KeepAspectRatio and KeepAspectRatioTranscoding ) with them set both off, both on and either one or the other on.

As you can see in the logs the source video is 720x428 due to original black bars being cut off by Handbrake. I think UMS is adding bars to left and right of image to keep aspect in 1920x1080 full screen size capability of renderer but its of course still stretched which is why I chose Expendables 2 for the video as it has an opening logo video with lots of round cogs playing which all look stretched.
debug_trace_with_KeepAspectRatioTranscoding.log
(158.17 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi,
Thank you, now we can see a proper log not plenty of past's errors.

Ok, i see. I've made a fix for this some months ago but never merged it.
If you are using a 16/9 screen display that should work, so let me know if you are interested that i make a Linux build.

Note: I consider our MEncoder excecutable to be obsolete so i do not plan to fix it, and anyway, FFmpeg give a far better quality and support by now, except for DVD.
djbarney

Post by djbarney »

Sami32 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:53 am Hi,
Thank you, now we can see a proper log not plenty of past's errors.

Ok, i see. I've made a fix for this some months ago but never merged it.
If you are using a 16/9 screen display that should work, so let me know if you are interested that i make a Linux build.

Note: I consider our MEncoder excecutable to be obsolete so i do not plan to fix it, and anyway, FFmpeg give a far better quality and support by now, except for DVD.
Cheers. That would be great ! :D
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

This testing build will need a clean install to work correctly (no subtitles):
ums-6.7.5-SNAPSHOT-distribution.tar.gz

Don't forget to add these lines into your renderer's configuration file before copying it in the UMS' renderers folder:

Code: Select all

KeepAspectRatio = true
KeepAspectRatioTranscoding: = true 
If your issue still there using FFmpeg video engine, please, post a new trace log.