[Solved] Samsung TV Sorting

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
mystik

[Solved] Samsung TV Sorting

Post by mystik »

I have a Samsung TV, which, of course, uses AllShare. AllShare lists folders that start with a lowercase letter after those that start with an uppercase letter. I know it is possible to work around this, but the only server I have found that has the option doesn't work well for me. I found this server today, and was hopeful when I saw the sorting options, but it seems the same. Can this app solve this problem? Thanks much on advance.
DeFlanko

Re: Samsung TV Sorting

Post by DeFlanko »

what was the name of the application that did do it for you?
mystik

Post by mystik »

It's called KooRaRoo Media Server. It has an option that forces the first letter of all folders to uppercase, and then they are all sorted correctly.
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Have you tried the Prettify option?
mystik

Post by mystik »

Yes, I did. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to have an effect on this issue. :(
apollokid

Post by apollokid »

I have the same issue - Allshare is only showing sorting by track title. I've read that other DLNA servers have workarounds for issue that involve placing the track number in front of the track title. Do we have the ability to workaround this issue?

E.g.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76556.0
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

In the next version of UMS, when Filename Prettifying is enabled, it will automatically capitalize the first letter of each word if the filename is all lowercase. Hopefully that helps you out, here's a preview version: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-939446f.exe
apollokid

Post by apollokid »

Ok in a different, but related sorting issue - AllShare seems to sort everything inside your folders by title name so when playing an album it sorts in alphabetical order instead by track number causing the album to play out of the intended order. What we need is a way to trick AllShare by prepending track number to the title name.
pipin

Post by pipin »

apollokid wrote:Ok in a different, but related sorting issue - AllShare seems to sort everything inside your folders by title name so when playing an album it sorts in alphabetical order instead by track number causing the album to play out of the intended order. What we need is a way to trick AllShare by prepending track number to the title name.
Thats right, order by date won't work too. :(
Regards,
Jens
-----------
Devices used with UMS : - Windows 10 PC, Samsung UE32 F4580SS, Samsung UE48H6600
mystik

Post by mystik »

It's great that you have this sorted out. It won't have any impact on me anymore, though, I'm afraid. I have since bought a PC to use as a media center, and have it running XBMC (well, they changed the name of it now, but I am still running the older version). :)