Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR9 TV

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
mezlo

Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR9 TV

Post by mezlo »

I'm running UMS 3.5.0 and it's listing my Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR9 TV as an unknown renderer. Looking in the renderers folder there are already 6 separate Bravia config files listed. Anyone know which one would be best to use as a basis for a custom config for my TV?

FYI, in case anyone's interested here are the user-agents UMS is seeing for my TV:

Code: Select all

User-Agent: UPnP/1.0, X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info: pa="BRAVIA Sony DTV";, X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA Sony DTV"; mv="1.7";
User-Agent: UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50, X-AV-Physical-Unit-Info: pa="BRAVIA Sony DTV";, X-AV-Client-Info: av=5.0; cn="Sony Corporation"; mn="BRAVIA Sony DTV"; mv="1.7";
DeFlanko

Re: Sony Bravia KDL-52XBR9 TV

Post by DeFlanko »

start with any of the Sony Bravias and go from there....
mezlo

Post by mezlo »

I've done some more looking and found this page:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-i ... =KDL52XBR9

According to it, the TV supports the following formats via DLNA:

MPEG-2 PS - .mpg
MPEG-2 TS - .mpg/.m2t
LPCM L16 - .wav
MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3 - .mp3
JPEG - .jpg/.jpeg
It looks like the bravia5500.conf fits those. Are there any other changes I should need to make to the "Supported =" lines for those formats?
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Copy the existing conf, rename it to your needs, then change the rendered name so that in UMS you know that that renderer is being accessed.

Then you can customize it.

This way in any future builds you know to back up your custom confs. Much easier.
mezlo

Post by mezlo »

Yes I know to copy it to a new file. What I'm asking is do these lines from bravia5500.conf match the formats I listed above for my TV or do they need to be changed? Do I need to add entries for .mpg, .m2t and .wav since they aren't listed? I've looked through ps3.conf for examples but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts   m:video/mpeg   v:mpeg2|h264   a:ac3|aac|mpa
Supported = f:mp3             m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:lpcm            m:audio/L16
Supported = f:jpg             m:image/jpeg
Tiago Costa

Post by Tiago Costa »

The formats you posted match exactly what your TV supports (and it's a little dissapointing, a such new TV don't bring anything new compared to old ones, but ok, that's Sony). Test and enjoy ;)!
mezlo

Post by mezlo »

So far it appears to work just fine. I also created an icon for it and have attached both files for others to use.
Attachments
BraviaXBR.png
BraviaXBR.png (7.67 KiB) Viewed 10977 times
BraviaXBR.conf
(1.93 KiB) Downloaded 601 times