MEDE8ER ???

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
nenito2k

MEDE8ER ???

Post by nenito2k »

hi to the devs that make this super soft possible !!! LOVE it :o !

anyway i see many new renderers each time...but to my surprise...the best one is not there officially: MEDE8ER ! ;)
is there something in the works ?

Also i have another question: ums is optimised for PS3 and i have tested the HEVC streaming (amazing feature) on 2 videos with 100% success !
But when i tested the same videos on the MED1000x3d they stutter...

my question:

1- when using UMS+renderer....does the renderer NEED to be powerful like PS3 ? i understood that it was "no" why does hevc streaming work on ps3 and not the MED1000 :?
2- i tested with renderer realtek of course as it is the chip inside my device....then tested WDTV, then tested with ps3 renderer....the video did not WORK at all and froze the device !
3- has any of you successfully streamed HEVC with UMS using a MED8ER ???? how ?!

thanx in advance for all these answers !
Wolfgan

Re: MEDE8ER ???

Post by Wolfgan »

Just follow the FAQ for a tutorial on optimizing for a new renderer: http://www.universalmediaserver.com/faq ... erSupport1
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

i did see that guide WOLF..have not bothered to do it yet as i don't think it will solve my issues....or could it ? would appreciate it if you can try to answer my above questions :mrgreen:
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

An specific .conf file tells UMS how to stream files to your renderer according it's capabilites. So yes, following the tutorial may help.
I prepared one for my PlayBook tablet and contributed it back to the project. Wolf
Last edited by Wolfgan on Mon May 26, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

i see WOLF...will try that...but i doubt anything will stream AS GOOD as PS3...as 99.9% if any FILES work...including the many samples of HEVC !
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

WOLF ?????

why are you postinks links on games ? what does it have to do with the Mede8er topic ?
DeFlanko

Post by DeFlanko »

Question 1) Does UMS show up on this device?

2) if yes to 1, then build a conf based on these specs: http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_product_med1000x3d.htm

Building CONF files are normally community based and very welcomed. As this project is primarily volunteer, we don't have unlimited cash to just buy products and test them for everyone... ;)
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

thanx mate...i will try right away and see...
however will i be able to transcode HEVC my building the conf ?
transcode as GOOD as it was with my beloved ps3 ? :roll:
nenito2k

Post by nenito2k »

ok i really need help! i tried for hours to create a renderer for my Mede8er X3D:

i used a ps3.conf as a base, and after following the tutorial i launched UMS and tested videos...all was ok, here is the debug i GOT for the Mede8er in the attachement

I would love is someone CAN do us a favor and create a Mede8er conf

thanx in advance

if debut is not good enough for some reason i am here and can do anything you guys want...but i really need that renderer and i am stunned by the lack of interest as this is the most popular media player out there with WDTV, and PCH...
Attachments
debug mede8er.txt
(28.14 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

According to the log, this is how your renderer identifies itself:

Code: Select all

User-Agent: POSIX UPnP/1.0 Intel MicroStack/1.0.2718, RealtekMediaCenter, DLNADOC/1.50
Your renderer seems to accept most files formats natively, so I suggest copy and rename the Kalemsoft profile and replace

UserAgentSearch=KalemSoft
With

UserAgentSearch=RealtekMediaCenter
Don't forget to restart UMS to detect the profiles changes and start tweaking from there. .
Good luck!