Xbox One Getting DLNA Support

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Tezcatlipoca

Re: Xbox One Getting DLNA Support

Post by Tezcatlipoca »

SharkHunter wrote:I've done some testing with the XboxOne (I still don't got the DLNA extension I'm pending in microsofts limbo). But with a std XboxOne I can using a remotecontrol app (like LocalCast) play music on my XboxOne!!!! Which is kind of cool! Videos? Yes I get it starting but for some reason UMS thinks it's best to convert the video to mp2/wmv which doesn't play on the Xbox. BUT! the important thing here is that the Xbox One tries to play!!!
So can anyone (whogie) try and play a video using this scheme? This means that you're doing the browsing from your phone and the "casting" it to the xbox. A note disable the Xbox360 and iphone and wmp render profiles first (this should be solved later).
SharkHunter wrote:UPDATE!!!!!

With my previous setup I can (after a small bug fix for remotecontrols) play an mp4 video on my Xbox One!!!!
So it's just a matter of browsing :)
Like I said in the last post first disable Xbox360 and iphone to make sure. This should be solved later on...

whogie - if possible pls try to run/build a 5.0.0 version. It might be better for this...

The Xbox One has had "push DLNA" support (e.g. Play To) since launch :) I tried it ages ago using PS3 Media Server on my iMac to serve the media and Skifta on my iPhone to browse and push it. It worked "OKish" but had stuttering issues.
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

Yeah, PlayTo from the phone is just a PITA. Especially since everyone will have proper DLNA pull soon.

Since the forums were messing up the last few days I responded on the Git tracker with some logs. Unlike other versions of UMS that just show the root directory on the XB1, UMS 5 doesn't show up on the Xbox at all. But now that I know UMS Builder I'd be happy to test any fixes :3
jumperzz2014

Post by jumperzz2014 »

Any Update on this?
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

No luck with 4.1.3-ce0da05.
Like mentioned in the Git tracker, I've attached a log.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
4.1.3-ce0da05 XB1
(19.09 KiB) Downloaded 705 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

Whogie - a couple of things to get a better log. First in the file logback.xml (found where your UMS was installed) change the

Code: Select all

<root level="DEBUG">
to

Code: Select all

<root level="TRACE">
this will enable TRACE logs from startup.
Secondly disable the WMP render. WMP and Xbox 1 has some overlap and UMS thinks that your XBox is an WMP.
Then make a new log and we'll see...
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

Okay, sorry. Trace should be better now.

I turned off WMP. When I tried to load the XB1, UMS listed it as the 360. I turned off the 360 profile too, and then it correctly identified the XB1.

Attached is a trace log with WMP and XB360 off. It's still doing the root thing though :(
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
4.1.3-ce0da05b0
(29.57 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

This is just weird. You always ask for id 0 which of course is root. However UMS never gives you something else. Have you tried running this using 5.0? I've done a big overhaul of the id system and I think 0 has been reserved. But this is still weird. I'll look more.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
Whogie

Post by Whogie »

UMS 5 does it too.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
ums-5.0.0-2c9e84e
(28.12 KiB) Downloaded 673 times
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Strange. It loks like drive E: is empty or not accesible by UMS.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Darn, I thought that fix would work.