Help us improve support for your devices

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Help us improve support for your devices

Post by SubJunk »

We are always interested in adding support for new renderers and improving existing support.
As of 5.0.0 we have added a more accurate way to detect and differentiate renderers, so if you want us add or improve support for your renderer all we usually need is a log file from version 5.0.0+, created after your renderer has connected to UMS.
If you post that log in this thread I will take care of the rest.

Full instructions on how to provide the logs we need
Whistler

Re: Help us add support for your renderer

Post by Whistler »

This is for the Samsung BD-F5900 bluray player.
I've included my log files and also included, in the ZIP, a PNG of the unit itself using the image format dictated by the entry in Github.
(273x128 with 10px clearance on right and left).

I use a slightly modified version of the Samsung TV E series renderer profile; i.e. just changed names and the search to look for "F5900".
The guts of the F5900 renderer profile are exactly the same as the E series TV profile.

Thank you for all your hard work on UMS! It's the best, by far, for my uses.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(27.59 KiB) Downloaded 1217 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Whistler wrote:This is for the Samsung BD-F5900 bluray player.
I've included my log files and also included, in the ZIP, a PNG of the unit itself using the image format dictated by the entry in Github.
(273x128 with 10px clearance on right and left).

I use a slightly modified version of the Samsung TV E series renderer profile; i.e. just changed names and the search to look for "F5900".
The guts of the F5900 renderer profile are exactly the same as the E series TV profile.

Thank you for all your hard work on UMS! It's the best, by far, for my uses.
Hi Whistler, thanks a lot for the logs and image! I've added the improved support to our code now :) I would build you a version to test it but I can't build for OS X, maybe Optimus will build one
SpitFire92

Post by SpitFire92 »

PS Vita (Sony relesed an application for Playstation Vita to support Mediaserver: "Network Media Player")

Supported Formats:

Pictures: JPEG
Music/Sound: MP3 (MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3), MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC), WAVE (Linear PCM)
Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Baseline/Main/High Profile Level 4.0 Max. Resolution 1920×1080/30 p, AAC (Sampling-Rate 32 kHz/44,1 kHz/48 kHz)

I find the UMS with the app and it get recognized as "Unknow DLNA Server" in the UMS Client. UMS doesnt convert files (because there is no Vita profile i suppose) so i can, actually, only watch movies in a supported Vita format.

Nevermind, it would be awesome if you could add a Vita profile, so i could stream my movies without converting them to my Vita.

-Spit
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

SubJunk wrote:Hi Whistler, thanks a lot for the logs and image! I've added the improved support to our code now :) I would build you a version to test it but I can't build for OS X, maybe Optimus will build one
Thank you, SubJunk!
If Optimus builds one I'd be happy to try it out.
If not, just knowing that it will be in a future release is reward enough. :)
Balmung

Post by Balmung »

SpitFire92 wrote:PS Vita (Sony relesed an application for Playstation Vita to support Mediaserver: "Network Media Player")

Supported Formats:

Pictures: JPEG
Music/Sound: MP3 (MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer 3), MP4 (MPEG-4 AAC), WAVE (Linear PCM)
Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Baseline/Main/High Profile Level 4.0 Max. Resolution 1920×1080/30 p, AAC (Sampling-Rate 32 kHz/44,1 kHz/48 kHz)

I find the UMS with the app and it get recognized as "Unknow DLNA Server" in the UMS Client. UMS doesnt convert files (because there is no Vita profile i suppose) so i can, actually, only watch movies in a supported Vita format.

Nevermind, it would be awesome if you could add a Vita profile, so i could stream my movies without converting them to my Vita.

-Spit
Yeah, I try it too. Have made a Profile, Music works (ogg for example), but when I want to play a Video the Vita App say every time "no supported Video found". Don't know what that could be. :(
Last edited by Balmung on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Verequies

Post by Verequies »

Hey Guys

I was wondering if anyone could help out with getting PS Vita 'Network Media Player' support working. I have started a thread (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2402) and have attached 5.0.0-a1 trace logs.
ums_dbg.zip
(89.93 KiB) Downloaded 1232 times
Thanks
Hamish
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by SubJunk »

Hi guys, I've started replying in the PlayStation Vita thread and hopefully we can add support for it soon, thanks :)
Enrice

Post by Enrice »

Hi,

my new hama IR320 doesn't play any music. I can browse the folders, but no files show up.
This seems a duplicate to "PEAQ PDR300 Internet-Radio (MP3, Universal Media Server)".
MP3s served with Plex show up and play ok.

Thanks for investigation.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(33.55 KiB) Downloaded 1032 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi Enrice, please try this version. I also added better support for your Panasonic TV in this version :)
http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-3d90b10.exe