Help us improve support for your devices

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
nikolajak

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by nikolajak » Wed May 23, 2018 7:29 pm

Dear Developers,
While trying to access the "Universal Media Server" from the list of all available DLNA servers from my new Sony BRAVIA KD-43XE7077, I am getting the following message:

"Cannot access the server. Please check the server settings."

It seems that the XE series are not supported by the UMS.
Would be very grateful to get support for my "SMART TV", looking forward to donate.

Please find attached the TRACE log made according the "How to ask for support" thread.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(40.58 KiB) Downloaded 14 times

valib
Developer

Post by valib » Wed May 23, 2018 9:09 pm

It is strange. The TV is correctly recognized as Sony Bravia XD/XE and communicates with the UMS. Please try to change in the Sony-BraviaXD.conf line

Code: Select all

CreateDLNATreeFaster = true
to

Code: Select all

CreateDLNATreeFaster = false
and test it again.

nikolajak

Post by nikolajak » Fri May 25, 2018 4:19 am

The good news: I have made the change in the config file and suddenly it made the server accessible, the message was gone.

The bad news: While trying to list and play the movie files on the TV every action is very slow and after a while the TV shows the message "Playback is not available" while trying to play a movie. Also, from time to time, it happens to the TV to get completely unresponsive and should be restarted by using the power plug. The creation of the movie thumbnails on the fly option is disabled too.

Having in mind that the config file is tailored for the Sony XD series only, please check if it is correct for my TV which is XE series. The name of the config file is associated with both series but inside the config file everything associates on the XD series.

Thanks in advance.

azurha

Post by azurha » Tue May 29, 2018 3:52 am

Hello every body.

I tried to read a movie in x265 10 bits on my tablet teclast 16Xplus (1920*1080) but i have a lot of freeze. Someone can help me ?
The server pc is a intel core 2 duo E8400 8goram 660gtx.
Thanks a lot for your awesome work.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(241.37 KiB) Downloaded 13 times

Kolores

Post by Kolores » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:13 am

Hello, I would like buy this Sound System (Denon) but i don't think it's supported by UMS. :(