Help us improve support for your devices

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
isaacTV

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by isaacTV »

Hi I have a few questions about my device, that is not officially supported however it works out of the box with a few problems just using a standard Samsung config.

My TV is a TCL 43P1FS which supports a lot of different codecs including h265
I've attached the debug logs including the manually edited config file that I have been working with.
In the debug logs I have played a few different files that are presenting the following errors.

The problems I am getting though are as follows
- No seeking when file is transcoded - The TV doesn't allow it.

- Thumbnails don't show

- Subtitles work and different subtitle tracks can be selected however when I select no subtitle track in the TV options menu it still displays the last selected track insteasd of cancelling subtitles all together

- Subtitles also show ( &apos ) instead of just an ( ' ) for example "don't" will show as "don&apost"

- Playing most xvid encoded avi files without transcoding them causes the video framerate to look like it has been halved whilst the audio is still in sync, therefore I have to force transcode them which sucks because then I can't seek through the file.

- 10 bit x265 files play however there is artifacts all over the screen which I persume is because the inbuilt CODEC doesn't support 10 bit x265 files (Normal x265 files play fine). Is there a way to stream normal ones and transcode if they're 10 bit?

- 6.1 channel sound isn't supported by the TV... a message pops up saying unsupported audio.

Note: I have commented out a line in the TCL.config to force .avi files to stream as is (for testing purposes) - I usually uncomment that line so they will be transcoded so they aren't skipping.

Thankyou!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(48.72 KiB) Downloaded 808 times
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

isaacTV wrote:- 10 bit x265 files play however there is artifacts all over the screen which I persume is because the inbuilt CODEC doesn't support 10 bit x265 files (Normal x265 files play fine). Is there a way to stream normal ones and transcode if they're 10 bit?
Afaik that should be default behavior, see comment by SubJunk about SupportedVideoBitDepths here
http://universalmediaserver.com/forum/v ... ths#p27354

isaacTV wrote:- 6.1 channel sound isn't supported by the TV... a message pops up saying unsupported audio.
You'll have to edit your Supported lines in your renderer config

For an example this makes UMS transcode to stereo if there are more than sound 2 channels in any given wmv file.

Code: Select all

Supported = f:wmv 	     m:video/x-ms-wmv 	     n:2
wazer

Post by wazer »

Hello I have troubles with videos on my Sony TV in the living room not always able to be played

Also i just brought a new samsung 2016 model for bedroom, I thought you might wanted to check support for all devices I added to the zip.

DLink-DSM510.conf = DCS-930LB1
http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/support/prod ... ork-camera

Samsung-CD.conf = UE55K5515
http://www.samsung.com/dk/consumer/tv-a ... K5515AKXXE

Sony-BraviaHX.conf = KDL-55HX753
http://www.sony.dk/support/da/product/KDL-55HX753
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(20.64 KiB) Downloaded 783 times
mbol8309

Post by mbol8309 »

I have a Hisense VIDAA TV. the model number is LED32EC320A. I send you the log file, if it takes too long, please teach me how can a create render file by myself. thanks in advance. PD: Sorry for my bad english
Attachments
debug.log
(47.13 KiB) Downloaded 849 times
sacredpotion24

Post by sacredpotion24 »

Can i use UMS without a router? I wanna hook up a cat6 line from my ps4 straight to my laptop, can i do that, and if so how? if this has been answered please forgive me... i have searched high and low for answer..
AlGrenadine

Post by AlGrenadine »

On Sony KD65-XD7505 (Android TV) :
I had it work once on a video then i tried fast forwarding... Now nothing plays even if i reboot UMS and the TV...
Here are the logs
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(68.37 KiB) Downloaded 741 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi Algrenadine,

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Unive ... viaXD.conf

But as told in this configuration file you'll need to add

Code: Select all

chromecast_extension=false
into your UMS.conf file placed in your UMS profile folder (not into the UMS.conf found in your Universal "Media Server" program folder).

Hoping that help.
If not don't hesitate to post a new log while using this new setting.
markoma

Post by markoma »

Is there a conf. file for the Yamaha rx a2050?
It is recognized as a sony xperia phone for some reason?
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(44.11 KiB) Downloaded 714 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi markoma,

try this configuration file: (place it in your "renderer" folder of your "Universal Media Server" program directory)
Yamaha-RXA2050.conf
(937 Bytes) Downloaded 766 times
Please, don't forget to give feedback ;)
MephiSkA

Post by MephiSkA »

Hi,

is there a config. file for the PS4 PRO ? UMS seems to recognize my ps4 pro like a normal PS4 si it thinks the max resolution is 1080x1920 instead of 2160x3840.

Thanks!