Help us improve support for your devices

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
nikolajak

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by nikolajak »

Dear Developers,
While trying to access the "Universal Media Server" from the list of all available DLNA servers from my new Sony BRAVIA KD-43XE7077, I am getting the following message:

"Cannot access the server. Please check the server settings."

It seems that the XE series are not supported by the UMS.
Would be very grateful to get support for my "SMART TV", looking forward to donate.

Please find attached the TRACE log made according the "How to ask for support" thread.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(40.58 KiB) Downloaded 749 times
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

It is strange. The TV is correctly recognized as Sony Bravia XD/XE and communicates with the UMS. Please try to change in the Sony-BraviaXD.conf line

Code: Select all

CreateDLNATreeFaster = true
to

Code: Select all

CreateDLNATreeFaster = false
and test it again.
nikolajak

Post by nikolajak »

The good news: I have made the change in the config file and suddenly it made the server accessible, the message was gone.

The bad news: While trying to list and play the movie files on the TV every action is very slow and after a while the TV shows the message "Playback is not available" while trying to play a movie. Also, from time to time, it happens to the TV to get completely unresponsive and should be restarted by using the power plug. The creation of the movie thumbnails on the fly option is disabled too.

Having in mind that the config file is tailored for the Sony XD series only, please check if it is correct for my TV which is XE series. The name of the config file is associated with both series but inside the config file everything associates on the XD series.

Thanks in advance.
azurha

Post by azurha »

Hello every body.

I tried to read a movie in x265 10 bits on my tablet teclast 16Xplus (1920*1080) but i have a lot of freeze. Someone can help me ?
The server pc is a intel core 2 duo E8400 8goram 660gtx.
Thanks a lot for your awesome work.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(241.37 KiB) Downloaded 704 times
Kolores

Post by Kolores »

Hello, I would like buy this Sound System (Denon) but i don't think it's supported by UMS. :(
miguy2k

Post by miguy2k »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great work you guys are doing, UMS really is a great piece of software and fits my needs perfectly! :-)

I'd like to contribute my new TV's profile: Sony Bravia KD-85XF8596. The trace log is attached. If you need anything else or if you'd like me to test anything, feel free to reach out :-)

Best regards and keep up the good work,
Mike
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(18.64 KiB) Downloaded 715 times
Pataan

Post by Pataan »

Hi all

Thanks for providing UMS!
After I did a clean install with v7.4 I noticed that my TV's are not working as before. So I was forced to have a look at the render config files. Quite a bit complicated...
But I got it working, happy to share here

What I did:
TV: UE55MU7000 (Samsung)
- I copied config file from 8-series and changed to UpnpDetailsSearch = UE55MU7000

Samsung-CD.conf
- added: SeekByTime = true

Receiver Yamaha RXV681
- added Yamaha-RXV681.conf based on Yamaha-RXV671.conf
- probably possible to merge into 1 config, but I am not the master for this :roll:

Hope this helps

cheers
Patrick
Attachments
Yamaha-RXV681.conf
new based on 671
(484 Bytes) Downloaded 711 times
Samsung-CD.conf
added seektime = true
(2.22 KiB) Downloaded 722 times
Samsung-7series.conf
new based on 8 series
(4.42 KiB) Downloaded 720 times
Boki019

Post by Boki019 »

Hi all and THANK You for this excellent server :)

However, i have problems with streaming some files to my Samsung ue75mu6170uxzg
Should i try here or open new thread?

Ill be quick:
Webrip and some MKV streams just ok, subtitles work, everything is ok...
but when i try to stream 4k ( 10 bits or 8 bits.... don't really know what those means, but tried both)... i usually get 2 errors on my TV: Please check Your network OR error: an error has occurred...it shows loading icon and after few seconds i get those errors.

I tried ALL Samsung configs, i created new, edited them, read all threads for Samsung, been on github, tried various combinations and advises from people ..... but still nothing
PS: ALL those files plays OK from USB...
I hope i attached good logs
EDIT: when i go : CAST TO DEVICE, via win10 context menu, all those files plays OK, but i need them with external subtitles :)
Thanks in advance
hope someone will find where i am mistaken :)
Thanks
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(480.27 KiB) Downloaded 703 times
The-Force

Post by The-Force »

A few months ago I bought a Samsung UE55MU6105KXXC. After discovering this DLNA thing I installedy UMS as it seems the perfect solution to see my media on the TV. So far it works for some videos, but there are some videos that are not playing via UMS but via USB without problem. I also tried simpleDLNA and those videos play ok. I peeked the renderer config to see if I could add some supported video codecs by my self but I don't understand how it works exactly. I found a section in the manual of my tv with the supported video codecs, maybe someone can helpme to create a custom rederer conf.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(109.22 KiB) Downloaded 681 times
Supported_video_codecs.PNG
Supported_video_codecs.PNG (50.15 KiB) Viewed 17233 times
Raptormagnum

Post by Raptormagnum »

Hi guys,

Thanks for UMS :)

My father just bought a Samsung HT-J5500W (Home Theater 5.1).
He can play DLNA / UPNP.
It don't work with Samsung-J55XX.conf, however I juste created a conf file that work.
Samsung-HT-J5500W.conf (attachment).

FYI :
The HT-J5500W's manual is here
It recence the codecs.

Thanks guys :)

Pierre
Attachments
Samsung-HT-J5500W.conf
(1.55 KiB) Downloaded 665 times