Help us improve support for your devices

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by SubJunk »

wazer wrote:Aaaaaand another player logged/added via ums 5.0.0-b1 to you Sub :)

Sony BDP-480
Thanks a lot for this, you've contributed a lot :) Unfortunately this player doesn't send any unique info (it just calls itself a blu-ray player :p) so I can't do much to improve this, thanks anyway!
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

smala wrote:Hi all, :)
I'm enjoying UMS since 4.2.0 release.
Now i'm testing UMS 5.0.0b1 along with 4.3.1 (stable)

I own a Sony Xperia Z3 and is recognized by UMS 5.0.0b1 as a "ChromeCast" device.
I tried to play a chapter of an Anime (Mkv format) but UMS does transcoding to MP4 format, which breaks time-seek. My phone supports several video formats, MKV included.

As far i know, in 4.3.1 works better since it's recognized as "Android".

Test case:
1. UMS 5.0.0b1 default configuration + Sony "Film" App (which has native DLNA support) ==> video plays (in 4.3.1 crashes) with MP4 transcoding and TimeSeek KO; no way to force default MKV to get streamed

2.UMS 5.0.0b1 default configuration + BubbleUPNP w/ "sony player" ==> video plays with MP4 transcoding and TimeSeek KO; no way to force default MKV to get streamed

I've also tried MxPlayer with Bubble UPNP, but video get always transcoded to MP4, hence the problems.

In attachment: Logs + MKV detail
Hi smala, thanks for the info! I've made a build for you to test with the Zperia Z3, please let me know how it goes: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-e6fe176.exe
smala

Post by smala »

SubJunk wrote:Hi smala, thanks for the info! I've made a build for you to test with the Zperia Z3, please let me know how it goes: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-e6fe176.exe
Hi,
i tried the build in attachment.

With this build, the renderer "Xperia Z3" is recognized correctly.
Opening the stock Film App, and navigating to the folder/file i want to view (the same as previous test) gives me "unable to open file".
Log attached

After i made some other test (sorry, no log) with sony stock film app (Xperia Z3.conf file loaded), sometimes i receive a warning that "no files can be found in this folder"

I did also a test with BubbleUPNP / MxPlayer and still video get transcoded from MKV-to-MP4 format (seek broken), since the profile Chromecast is loaded.

Disabling the Chromecast profile, the media renderer BubbleUPNP/Android is forced to be used.
Media plays correctly and the video is streamed directly in MKV format.
i noticed that if i seek 1-2 times in a row, the player(MxPlayer in H/W Mode) stops to receive data and/or crashes.

All log in attachment
Attachments
UMS-e6fe176_NOchromecast_bubbleUPNP_MxPlayer.zip
Chromecast profile forced off, BubbleUPNP with MxPlayer recognized as BubbleUPNP/Android; video plays natively in MKV. Noticed player hangs when seeking 1-3 times
(31.29 KiB) Downloaded 466 times
UMS-e6fe176_chromecast_bubbleUPNP_MxPlayer_KO.zip
Stock UMS config, BubbleUPNP recognized as Chromecast device, video plays but in MP4 format with broken seek.
(52.73 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
UMS-e6fe176_Z3_Sony_Film_APP_KO.zip
Stock UMS config, used the Sony Film APP to browse /render files
(36.17 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

nickhere wrote:here my zip for a panasonic TC-50AS650UE
keep up the work
wish i can help more
nickhere wrote:here another one
the panasonic bdt-360 dvd player
Thanks a lot for these! I've added them now for the next release :)
risljaninasim

Post by risljaninasim »

When i use transcoding it always crashes for me about a minute or two right before the end of a 23ish minute serie episode. I've been tinkering around with settings but nothing seems to fix it. Plex transcoding does seem to work without issues but i don't like that program and how it is setup at all. I used UMS and the previous PS3 media server for a number of years now (when not transcoding the program works perfectly) so when i spotted this thread i thought i'd contribute and see if that helps and maybe it was a renderer issue.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(48.35 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
rhauff

Post by rhauff »

SubJunk wrote:
rhauff wrote:Sony Bluray player BDP-BX510 has problems playing many video types. I'll start with this one:
Trying to play an iphone video, the video comes up shows maybe 1 second of video, no audio, then freezes. I am unable to power down the player, and must pull the power plug to restart it.

UMS version 5.0.0-b1 on Ubuntu (same problem occurs on version 4.3 and 4.2, have not tested earlier)
The renderer is properly detected as a Sony Bluray

I have attached the debug log zip file, and the specification file (change extension to .pdf to open it)

Thanks for the help!
Hi rhauff, please try this version and let me know how it goes: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-74253d2.tgz :)
Sorry for the delay, I didn't have notifications turned on to see you had replied :(
No change in playback using build UMS-74253d2, playing this iPhone .mov video. It still plays about 1 second of video without audio, then locks up the Sony Bluray player.
ums_dbg_Ubuntu14.10_Java8.zip
(52.33 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
If I play it with the newly released 5.0.0 (still on Ubuntu 14.10 with Java8) I get either a blank screen (no response whatsoever), a message "The file is corrupt or unsupported", or video with no audio
ums_dbg5.0.0_Ubuntu14.10_Java8.zip
(113.24 KiB) Downloaded 495 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

smala wrote:i tried the build in attachment...
Thanks for testing and the logs. Do either of these work better?
Attachments
Sony-XperiaZ3-2.zip
(947 Bytes) Downloaded 483 times
Sony-XperiaZ3-1.zip
(882 Bytes) Downloaded 468 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

risljaninasim wrote:When i use transcoding it always crashes for me about a minute or two right before the end of a 23ish minute serie episode. I've been tinkering around with settings but nothing seems to fix it. Plex transcoding does seem to work without issues but i don't like that program and how it is setup at all. I used UMS and the previous PS3 media server for a number of years now (when not transcoding the program works perfectly) so when i spotted this thread i thought i'd contribute and see if that helps and maybe it was a renderer issue.
I hope we can fix it for you, can you please let me know how this goes? http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-f726db9.exe
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

rhauff wrote:
SubJunk wrote:
rhauff wrote:Sony Bluray player BDP-BX510 has problems playing many video types. I'll start with this one:
Trying to play an iphone video, the video comes up shows maybe 1 second of video, no audio, then freezes. I am unable to power down the player, and must pull the power plug to restart it.

UMS version 5.0.0-b1 on Ubuntu (same problem occurs on version 4.3 and 4.2, have not tested earlier)
The renderer is properly detected as a Sony Bluray

I have attached the debug log zip file, and the specification file (change extension to .pdf to open it)

Thanks for the help!
Hi rhauff, please try this version and let me know how it goes: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-74253d2.tgz :)
Sorry for the delay, I didn't have notifications turned on to see you had replied :(
No change in playback using build UMS-74253d2, playing this iPhone .mov video. It still plays about 1 second of video without audio, then locks up the Sony Bluray player.
ums_dbg_Ubuntu14.10_Java8.zip
If I play it with the newly released 5.0.0 (still on Ubuntu 14.10 with Java8) I get either a blank screen (no response whatsoever), a message "The file is corrupt or unsupported", or video with no audio
ums_dbg5.0.0_Ubuntu14.10_Java8.zip
Thanks for the logs :) Please try this version: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-ab0576a.tgz
Uppie

Post by Uppie »

Hi y'all,

Got myself an nice, new Philips PUS7809 TV . Please find attached the logs generated when starting UMS 5.0.

One noticable thing though is that detection under UMS 5.0 is much slower/erratic then under UMS 4.4 (also logs included)

I hope the 55 log helps in generating/building the CONF. The conf i use now is derived from Leroy's Philips PFL conf (whic was really good for my last Philips TV!)

Have fun and thanx for a really good server!

Uppie
Attachments
ums50_dbg_Philips_PUS7809.zip
(43.69 KiB) Downloaded 479 times
ums44_dbg_Philips_PUS7809.zip
(18.34 KiB) Downloaded 458 times