Help us improve support for your devices

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by SubJunk »

JosepMaJAZ wrote:I've got a 2012 LG SmartTV, exact model is "42LM660S-ZA".

The LG LM620 config is mostly ok, more so now that they've been updating the software and supports FLV and MKV natively.
Said that, I also prepared a conf file that might be more correct. In the conf file there is also a list of files and codecs that i've empirically tried (with an HDD connected to it).

The TV also supports a codec that it identifies as "H263", even though with MediaInfo.exe it is shown as sorenson. Is that supposed to be mp4?

Also, I don't know if the transcoding could be improved. I have several mkv that use AVC as video, but vorbis as audio. Could it be possible that the engine only transcodes the audio, instead of the whole video?
Thanks a lot for that, support for your TV will be added in the next version :)
H.263 is a weird one because there were different implementations of it and different names for them. Like H.263-1998, H.263-2000, Sorenson Spark, FLV1, RealVideo... It's all pretty confusing but the good news is none of those codecs are used anymore, and they were never popularly used for actual file storage - it was mostly used for streaming video online. So I think we can leave it out since it will be very unlikely to find a file like that.
UMS does only transcode the audio and copies the video, if the video is compatible with the renderer :)
Enrice wrote:Hi Subjunk. I tried the IR320 again with this version - to no avail (see attached log).
OK there are still some things we can try, please test this: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-d6bc0cf.exe
Enrice wrote:However I can add some observations:
Through the new 5.0 Upnp feature I managed to play A FEW songs, but not many.
It would be useful to get logs of the few songs that play, and let me know which songs they are.
Enrice wrote:Regarding my Pana TV I still get best results when I select "no encoding" on MKVs which contain H.264 and DTS or AC3 audio. The default via the overhauled renderer config provides no audio at all.

BR
Enrice.
It would be great to get logs for this too, after you attempt to play the files :) In the logs you provided I can't see any attempts to play files
Meich wrote:Yes that works without doing anything. Thanks.
Great, thanks for confirming!
Taggli

Post by Taggli »

Netgem N7700
Preview works, play on fullscreen don't work.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
N7700
(44.58 KiB) Downloaded 580 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi Taggli, thanks for that. I can't see a manual for that device online, do you have the manual? If so, can you look through it and see if it mentions anything about network/DLNA file compatibility? It might mention formats like AVI, MP4, MKV, etc.
wazer

Post by wazer »

hello again ;) here is for Sony Bravia KDL-55hx753/755 and Samsung ue32f5505

And apparently i have a third/fourth renderer which i dont know what is, maybe you can tell me if its tablet,phone or something else from the debug files.

Picture for Samsung
http://www.proshop.dk/mediacontent/24/03/2403450o.jpg
Picture for Sony
http://www.hdstore.com.py/images/produc ... 755_02.jpg
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
ums 5.01a
(18.76 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
cdp24

Post by cdp24 »

hisense 42k680

recognized as vizio smart tv but doesn't work
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(285.98 KiB) Downloaded 561 times
shaina

Post by shaina »

Hi SubJunk
still no go on the xbox 360 with 5.0.0-b1
and if you can add Lg Pb6600 series to next 4.xxxx
would be great
thanks
AngelShine

Post by AngelShine »

TV: LG 42LS5700-SB

Using a conf file I made (LG-LS5700.conf) which is original copied from LG-LM660.conf on git source, changing UserAgentSearch based on LG-LA6200.conf (the one it was matching) and adding
LoadingPriority = 1
SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP,TEXT,ASS,MICRODVD
SupportedInternalSubtitlesFormats = SUBRIP,TEXT,ASS,DIVX

The .srt External Subtitles are working nicely with these. I've yet to try other formats and mkv with internal subtitles, I'll do that as soon as I can.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.
Thanks!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(48.97 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
cdp24

Post by cdp24 »

maybe i'm wrong, i don't know how to exactly ask for support but nobody answer me. I have an hisense 42k680
it is recognized as vizio smart tv but it doesn't work and this is the debug file. Could anyone answer me please?
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(285.98 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

wazer, cdp24, AngelShine, your renderers have been added/improved now in 4.3.1 :)

shaina, we are looking into the Xbox 360 issue and it will be fixed soon. You can help us add/improve support for your LG PB6600 by providing us with logs, as described in the first post in this thread :)
wazer

Post by wazer »

SubJunk wrote:wazer, cdp24, AngelShine, your renderers have been added/improved now in 4.3.1 :)

shaina, we are looking into the Xbox 360 issue and it will be fixed soon. You can help us add/improve support for your LG PB6600 by providing us with logs, as described in the first post in this thread :)
Thanks will test once sourceforge.net is up again, seems to be down for some time now.

EDIT:
Okay so i finally manage to grab the new version and it seems to have fixed most issues, however i still got one problem.

On the Samsung f5505 TV I'm not able to go back and fort when playing img/iso movie/files, I', able to select each splitted video in the iso/img container, but if one of those splits are like 40 minutes each i have to watch the hole clip to get back to where i was, like lets say 35 minutes in. I tested this on Sony HX753 TV and it was working flawless there, so its only the Samsung 5505 tv.. i provided you with debug files once again if you can look into it, i tried to go back and forth but it stopped/freezed with picture on and i have no other solution than to exit the img/iso play and start all over watching the entire movie/file to get to the specific point where i left from.

Another 2 small issue i came across of was that it says that the 5505 is an unknown renderer and some unknown sources in the console(not sure what that is about)

Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(80.21 KiB) Downloaded 550 times