Help us improve support for your devices

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
derekt

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by derekt »

Thanks Valib,

That's exactly what I did, the network disconnect occurs at random times during the playing of a show, so I can't narrow it down any more than this. These are steps I followed

1) Started UMS
2) Turned on my TV and immediately navigated to the UMS Test\Thisisalongtitle.S02E05.720p.HDTV.x264-0SEC folder
3) Played the file Thisisalongtitle.s02e05.720p.hdtv.x264-0sec.mkv
4) When the network disconnect occured, at the same time as the Java IO error, I tried starting the file again. It failed again the first time I tried to restart, so I tried again, and it worked the second time.
5) Finished watching the show, copied the log file and turned off the UMS server

That's it, I didn't navigate any other folders or do anything else. It's as precise I can get in narrowing down the issues. Any thoughts on what might be causing the problem?

Thanks,
Derek
peppy1986

Post by peppy1986 »

Hello all,

I have been using UMS for a few years now (since PS3 MS), but have not updated since UMS 4.4.0 because there was issues using the server with any of the Sony Xperia Lollipop Devices (personally I have a Z3 Compact and Z2 Tablet).

I use the Sony Native Apps being "Music", "Movies" or "Album" as I prefer these. I have not mentioned this problem because several times in this one thread alone this has been commented on quite alot with various attempts at a fix going backwards and forewards.

However I have just updated to v5.2.1 and still it does not work, and it shows all Sony Z Series devices as Chromecast, whereas on 4.4.o it shows them as Android Devices and works.

Has anybody with experience found a fix to the Xperia Issues that have been commented several times before.

Sorry this might be vague, but I have no really configuration experience with this software, as it works so well out of this box I trust your judgement!

Thanks.
derekt

Post by derekt »

Quick update on the issue I brought up before re: LG 55EC9300 OLED (see previous posts and log files)

I went with a hunch and removed most of the media folders from the media library leaving just a single folder with a few files. This fixed all the network disconnect issues I've been having!
I've slowly added a few more of the smaller folders but when I add back one of the biggest (Pictures) the network disconnect issues I described in my previous posts re-appear. I really think its somehow related to the size of the media library or maybe numbers of folder layers, or perhaps number of files in a folder.

While for the time being this solved my most immediate problem of not being able to use UMS for MKV files, it's forcing me to run both UMS and Windows Media Server, with WMS handling all the media in the Pictures folder. This only works because WMS correctly identifies all the video and picture files from my cameras, while UMS is pointed at media thats MKV based. I would much prefer to use UMS only for all my media.

Thanks in advance for your help

Derek
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

I have one of the new Samsung TV's, it streams almost all formats, but transcoding fails.
See here : viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3874&start=10#p17934
Hwo

Post by Hwo »

Smartphone Lumia recognized as "Xbox One" :o
Attachments
ums_dbg1.zip
(39.41 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
zero88

Post by zero88 »

i have a new thread with a new problem if u want take a look,

edit: nobody is ready to help here ? -.-

edit:i am waiting for any help THX !!!
zero88

Post by zero88 »

i have a new thread with a new problem and log file if u want take a look,

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4028

edit: nobody is ready to help here ? -.-

edit:i am waiting for any help THX !!!
Genu29

TV Samsung F6500 - Getting "Check Network Connection" on any fileort for your devices

Post by Genu29 »

Hello team,
I am trying to use UMS but soon or later while reproducing I get "Check Network Connection".
May you please help ?
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(69.08 KiB) Downloaded 459 times
ddasd

Post by ddasd »

hi
can some one pls help me
i cant play video on sony bravia KDL-W808C
tv keep loading video and nothing happens..

my tv is: sony bravia kdl 55 W808C
i am using atm UMS 5.1.2 java8 ( win10)
it didnt work on new version either

viewtopic.php?f=9&p=18275#p18275
Prydonian

Post by Prydonian »

Hello! I'm desperate for help...

I'm having serious playback issues. On a great number of files the playback stutters to the point of unwatchability. It It'll run perfectly for a minute or two, then the video begins to stop and start. If we pause during this process it seems to give us another couple of minutes of playback, then it happens again. I have a million theories but no reason to believe any of them... for instance, it's not on all files, just certain ones, and many of those are older. Can anyone recommend a solution? Any help would be enormously appreciated. I've attached the log!

Thanks!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(207.28 KiB) Downloaded 433 times