PlayStation Vita 'Network Media Player' App Support

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: PlayStation Vita 'Network Media Player' App Support

Post by SubJunk »

Hey guys, please try this version and let me know how it goes http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-c4231bf.exe

It uses a new experimental profile that may work for you, or may not :)

SpitFire92, it's usually pretty easy to add a new renderer, most of them accept lots of different formats so you can't go wrong, but this one is just very picky about its formats so it makes it harder :)
SpitFire92

Post by SpitFire92 »

Well, Sony could have done i better job with the vita and the applications for the vita. Nvm, thanks for your release. What informations do you need to improfe the "profile"?
Supported formats while using your client? is it enough information for you if i say that avi and mkv didnt work? i guess not :D
Well, infact none of my Videofiles worked. I find the Server with my App(Vita) and the Client(UMS on Windows) recognizes my Vita.
But i dont get Thumbnail of my Videos, there is just the message that there arent supported formats in "this" folder.
The only exception is a mp4 file: I get the file and a thumbnail but after starting the file i get the "broken" icon. File is in 1280x720 (wich shouldnt be the problem because actually the app accept movies in 1080p), Datarate is 1391 kBit/s, fps: 29, Audio: Bitrate 163kBit/s, Chanels 2 /Stereo, Rate48kHz.

Well, i guess the Vita finds the file becaus it is a mp4 file, but it doesnt run it because...well, i dont know :D

Sorry for my english and thank you for your work (again :D)

-Spit
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

How about if you use this conf (still using the installation I gave in the last post)
Attachments
Sony-PlayStationVita.conf
(2.42 KiB) Downloaded 682 times
Verequies

Post by Verequies »

SubJunk wrote:How about if you use this conf (still using the installation I gave in the last post)
SubJunk, I had a look at the profile, and its exactly the same as mine, with a few minor modifications...
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Yup I started with yours and now I'm making little changes to see if they will allow it to work :)
Verequies

Post by Verequies »

Ah okay, just making sure I didn't spent time making the profile, and then someone else is credited. I'll try the updated UMS and profile out when I get home.
Verequies

Post by Verequies »

SubJunk wrote:How about if you use this conf (still using the installation I gave in the last post)
The profile didn't work unfortunately, the normal windows media server built into windows works however. Might be of aid in debugging.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Is there any way to get information on the type of file it's sending to the Vita?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can you try using TranscodeVideo = WMV to see if that works?
Verequies

Post by Verequies »

I might have to do some reason on getting information on the type of file that is sent to the Vita. Unfortunately the app doesn't support WMV files.