[Solved] Philips PUS7809 will not connect

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
lubo

Re: Philips PUS7809 will not connect

Post by lubo »

Here is the trace log :D . I wil try this patch in Ubuntu server soon as posible. Think result will be the same. In Ubutnu server edition i have some problem. Install in steps described in Linux sections, and UMS runs as root user, I want to run UMS as regular user.. like umsuser. As root user I have trouble with editing UMS.conf, and usualy see the root folder.
Thanks!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(42.63 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

lubo wrote:Here is the trace log :D
Thx!
lubo wrote:Install in steps described in Linux sections, and UMS runs as root user, I want to run UMS as regular user.. like umsuser.
Off topic, but you don't really need a root installation in linux. Just untar ums linux package anywhere in your user space and run UMS.sh (as user, of course :)).
Uppie

Post by Uppie »

Hi guys,

Sorry for not responding, but i'm away for a few day. Will try all the new goodies in a few days.

Thanx for all the hard work.

Uppie
Uppie

Post by Uppie »

Goodmorning,

home again and testing: YEAH!

Did a quick clean install and installed the fix from Infidel's post (update-ums-5.0.1-late-recognition2.zip) and started UMS: TV immediately visible in UMS and UMS visible on TV.
Played a movie: FFMPEG didn't play, Mencoder didn't play subtitles (but i didn't spend much time in configuring) but untranscoded played perfectly :D :D :D

Attached are the logs from before and after using the update.

Thank you very much for all the magic you've worked! If there's something you need tested, please let me know!

Uppie.
ums_dbg_5.0.1_before-patch.zip
(20.3 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
ums_dbg.zip_5.0.1_after-patch.zip
(49.17 KiB) Downloaded 454 times