play mts on samsung ue40es6800

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
richard-b

play mts on samsung ue40es6800

Post by richard-b »

Hi Guys,
In my frustating search of getting dlna to work in linux (mint 17.1 64 bits) i ended up with UMS. (mediatomb--> doesn't work, minidlna --> i just don't understand cause i want gui stuff :oops: , ps3mediaplayer --> doesn't work)
I can play my old non hd mpeg streams but cannot play the .mts streams from my sony camera.
I am using the Samsung-NotCD.conf file and added mts to the streamextentions so it now looks like

Code: Select all

StreamExtensions = mkv,mp3,mp4,avi,mov,mts
Trying to play the files on my samsung tv ends up with the message "file type not supported"
The files play without problems on the tv from a usb stick, and it is also no problem streaming them in windows7 using the build in media player dlna stuff.
I disabled almost all transcode stuff because this should play on the samsung natively.

Please help before i frustrated return to windows...

Thanks,
Richard
ExSport

Re: play mts on samsung ue40es6800

Post by ExSport »

Your files are .mts, .m2t or .m2ts?
If .mts, try latest version which include [NO NECODE] option in TRANSCODE folder for any file and try it. It forces to play file as is.
If it will not work, attach debug log set to TRACE (restart UMS, set log to TRACE, open folder, play file, error, zip log, upload here)
alleynbain

Re: play mts on samsung ue40es6800

Post by alleynbain »

I use iDealshare VideoGo convert mts to Samsung TV more supporting format with high video quality so as to play mts on Samsung TVs, like Samsung UA55D6000SJ TV, Samsung TV, Samsung Smart TV, Samsung HDTV, etc. :)