Nintendo Wii

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
gottoast

Nintendo Wii

Post by gottoast »

Is there a way to us the browser on the Wii to connect to the UMS? I currently use it with my PS3 and love it! I've tried some other media servers but UMS seems to run the best even on an older PC. But I don't have another device to use for rendering on my other TV. I do have a Wii and was hopping there was a way to point it to an IP through the browser.

I couldn't find any info on a Wii setup or if it's even possible. Any input is appreciated, thanks!
,____
||_|__\\__
|(0)___(o)|
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Nintendo Wii

Post by SubJunk »

Hi gottoast, the short answer is unfortunately no :( I found this page that provides a bit more information
gottoast

Post by gottoast »

Thanks SubJunk for the speedy reply, I might toy with that since the Wii was mostly collecting dust.
,____
||_|__\\__
|(0)___(o)|
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Great, let us know how you get on :)
gottoast

Post by gottoast »

I am curious though, how do other media servers (PlayOn & TVersity for example) achieve web accessibility? And could this be a considered addition to future versions? Suppose I could post that in the Feature Suggestions section, it could also open up UMS to mobile availability :) I'm sure this isn't a new idea, believe I saw something about a Web-UI in feature suggestions.

Anywho, I'll probably be posting some questions later in the Channels section since I got all gung-ho yesterday and updated them to 2.05 and have had some strange things happen I've not been able to find solid info on.
,____
||_|__\\__
|(0)___(o)|
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

We have been working on a web interface lately, just need to find the time to finish our many unfinished new features heh :)