Oppo Blu-ray Players

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
counsil

Oppo Blu-ray Players

Post by counsil »

I have attached two .conf files. One is for the Oppo BDP-83 and the other is for the BDP-93. Please add them to the list of renders.
Attachments
Archive.zip
(3.18 KiB) Downloaded 708 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Oppo Blu-ray Players

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks a lot for these :)
I've added them along with images (here and here)
counsil

Post by counsil »

Sweet 8-)
tmittleider

Post by tmittleider »

Pasting my BDP-83 observation from avsforum here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1215071/oppo- ... t_22119216 Would also appreciate any thoughts on my high bitrate MKV issue.

Using the latest version of UMS, my BDP-83 is detected as a BDP-93. After a brief check, MKV streaming is working ok (exception of high bitrate videos, more below). However, based on a peek at the configs, it looks like this could cause some unintended streaming and transcoding behavior.

On a similar note, I searched the thread and found a couple of users had issues streaming higher bitrate videos, but no solution. Any suggestions on the following would be appreciated:

I recently upgraded to a buffalo wireless AC router/bridge and
  • get ~250 Mb/s sustained transfers from my desktop PC (gigabit to router) to clients on my wireless bridge (i.e., gigabit to laptop). I assume network bandwidth is not an issue.
  • I can successfully play a 40 Mb/s MKV stored on my PC through the bridge hardwired to my laptop.
  • I can successfully play the same file on a USB drive directly connected to the 83.
  • I can't stream the file from my PC to the 83 via the bridge - it starts, stutters, stops, and then plays the next file in the folder.
Monitoring the network on my PC, it looks like it tops at ~25-30 Mb/s while trying to stream to the 83, though I get 10x that bandwidth on transfers to gigabit clients. Similar results with UMS and oShare. Unfortunately I don’t have another client to test MKV streaming… thoughts?
counsil

Post by counsil »

That's interesting that UMS detected your BDP-83 as a BDP-93. I used the default configuration file from the first post of the "Oppo BDP-83 DLNA/UPnP thread". If that is not the correct configuration that should be used for UMS for the 83, then do you happen to have (or could point us to) a newer one?
tmittleider

Post by tmittleider »

Replied to the avsforum thread, but pasting here:

Before uninstalling PMS and moving to UMS, I had been using the BDP-83 config from SapoMalo here:http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/vie ... 15&t=13289

It includes the same line as the UMS BDP-93 config file:

Code: Select all

UserAgentSearch=OPPO PLAYER
SapoMalo comments in the post, “the USERAGENT string, OPPO PLAYER is used since the latest 2 firmwares, if i am not wrong, (this has changed also for having a different string from the OPPO 93 or 95 on a dlna), so your firmware should also be one of the latest”

If that’s not the issue, I did notice the BDP-83 config in UMS does not break by row when viewed in Notepad, while the BDP-93 config does.
tmittleider

Post by tmittleider »

There's another config with explanation here:http://www.avsforum.com/t/1215071/oppo- ... t_19994498
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

OPPO should really get better with their user agents.
tmittleider wrote:I recently upgraded to a buffalo wireless AC router/bridge and
  • get ~250 Mb/s sustained transfers from my desktop PC (gigabit to router) to clients on my wireless bridge (i.e., gigabit to laptop). I assume network bandwidth is not an issue.
  • I can successfully play a 40 Mb/s MKV stored on my PC through the bridge hardwired to my laptop.
  • I can successfully play the same file on a USB drive directly connected to the 83.
  • I can't stream the file from my PC to the 83 via the bridge - it starts, stutters, stops, and then plays the next file in the folder.
Monitoring the network on my PC, it looks like it tops at ~25-30 Mb/s while trying to stream to the 83, though I get 10x that bandwidth on transfers to gigabit clients. Similar results with UMS and oShare. Unfortunately I don’t have another client to test MKV streaming… thoughts?
Can you attach your debug.log so I can troubleshoot this?
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

On the General Configuration tab try setting "Maximum bandwidth" to 0 and see if that helps with playback
tmittleider

Post by tmittleider »

Tried again, both before and after setting "Maximum bandwidth" to 0 - same result. debug.log from latest attempt (after setting bandwidth to 0, saving, quitting, and restarting) is attached.
debug.log
(20.24 KiB) Downloaded 663 times